Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/2/2016 4:21:07 PM   
stolypin

... this is one fine game.

I fired up Command last night at 7:00 and the next thing I knew it was 2:00 a.m. I never left my chair once. At age 55 with 40 years of wargaming experience, there aren't too many games -- computer or board -- that can keep me playing for 7 hours straight.

Having watched Baloogan and Kushan's videos for over a year before actually trying the game, I gathered that Command was pretty special. But now that I'm actually playing, I'm blown away. And the level of support from the devs is amazing.

Command is definitely an incredible wargaming achievement.
Post #: 1
RE: I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/2/2016 4:25:13 PM   
mikmykWS

Thanks Stolypin. Glad you're having fun with the sim.

Mike

(in reply to stolypin)
Post #: 2
RE: I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/2/2016 4:48:56 PM   
dox44

best game/simulation whatever i ever had on a computer. same thing happened to me 2 nights ago. i was dead at work
all day yesterday.

it just amazes me at all thats going on during a scenario. i was messing around with NI.

incredible.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
RE: I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/2/2016 5:06:31 PM   
Dysta

When I can't sleep, I usually check CMANO update and news just as frequent as day time, or just straight into game and planning scenario designs.

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 4
RE: I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/2/2016 5:13:16 PM   
thewood1

The best part is the broad number of platforms it will run on. I hae played huge scenarios on my MSI gaming laptop, my Dell mid-range work laptop, medium-sized scenarios on my Surface pro 3, and smaller scenarios on my Dell 8" win10 tablet. I play it everywhere. The performance improvements over the last 18 months have really broadened my ability to play literally anywhere.

In fact, I feel so bad about how much I am getting out of my $90 for the game, I bought a second one on sale and gave it to my brother. I still way underpaid for what is delivered.

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 5
RE: I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/2/2016 5:23:41 PM   
JPFisher55

I totally agree. V1.11 rocks.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/2/2016 5:25:35 PM   
Gizzmoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1
In fact, I feel so bad about how much I am getting out of my $90 for the game

Lol, good point :) It is even worse here, I have only payed 36€/41$ during Steam Summer Sale last year. I paid way more for some of the AAA games and they weren't even half as fun and didn't have 1% the replay value of Command. If I ever meet one on the devs in person I buy them a steak dinner. :)

< Message edited by Gizzmoe -- 4/2/2016 5:27:05 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/2/2016 8:15:10 PM   
Dimitris

Mmmmmm juicy steak

Thanks guys. We're glad that you see the value of what we're putting together.

I think the best way to support Command is to convert the infid-- I mean, show Command to your pals who haven't got it yet but may find it interesting and explain to them why this game is great value. We cannot hope to match the PR/media exposure of AAA behemoths so word-of-mouth is important for us.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 4/2/2016 8:16:47 PM >

(in reply to Gizzmoe)
Post #: 8
RE: I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... - 4/3/2016 1:03:17 AM   
cns180784

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gizzmoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1
In fact, I feel so bad about how much I am getting out of my $90 for the game

Lol, good point :) It is even worse here, I have only payed 36€/41$ during Steam Summer Sale last year. I paid way more for some of the AAA games and they weren't even half as fun and didn't have 1% the replay value of Command. If I ever meet one on the devs in person I buy them a steak dinner. :)

I too paid just £30 in the summer sale last year. If at some point any future updates require additional funding for whatever reason then i'd donate, like i did for Reiza Studios with their racing sim Stock Car Extreme. Both the devs at Reiza and Warfare sims deserve it with their continued support and dedication.

(in reply to Gizzmoe)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> I know I'm probably preaching to the choir here but... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI