Can't assign air groups to Fliegerkorps?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

jzardos

Can't assign air groups to Fliegerkorps?

Post by jzardos »

1.08.08beta

I don't seem to be able to see a way to assign air groups to Fliegerkorps? The only options for HQ assignment on an air group is a Luftwaffe HQ. I have hundreds of AP, so it's not that. Was there some change I don't know about? If so, what is the point of Fliegerkorps if you can't assign air groups to them anymore.

thanks for any help
morvael

RE: Can't assign air groups to Fliegerkorps?

Post by morvael »

I think you mean air bases, not air groups. There is a maximum limit of 8 air bases per Fliegerkorps and 16 per Luftflotte (8 of them directly). Perhaps you reached the limit. This was done to prevent gaming the rules, and assigning all air bases under single HQ with best leader (it was possible, because there are no supply and range penalties for air bases, so why not to attach them all to one, best, HQ?). This wouldn't work for the Soviets (they need to keep one command per front to receive ground support), but for the Germans it would.

It's in change #28 of 1.08.08.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

There is always something new to learn (I really must get around to reading the rules one day) As I have always kept my airbases within 5 hexes of the parent HQ.
Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
jzardos

Post by jzardos »

thanks morvael, yes I was looking at it all wrong.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”