Throne of the Stars???

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

uncc

Throne of the Stars???

Post by uncc »

http://www.matrixgames.com/beta/cnda.asp?gid=584

Inquiring minds would like more info...
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once -- David Hume, Scottish philosopher (1711 - 1776)
wings7

RE: Throne of the Stars???

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: uncc

http://www.matrixgames.com/beta/cnda.asp?gid=584

Inquiring minds would like more info...

Yes indeed we would! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

ah that would be telling and also breaking the NDA, so you will have to wait and see for now and just wonder[;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Don't you think you may get the wrong beta testers? If it's Farmville you're testing and you get people who like to play Doom, the test may not be very effective, don't you think?
SAAvenger

Post by SAAvenger »

It's indeed hard to know if you'll be able to invest yourself as a beta tester without knowing what the game is about at all.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

beta testing imo isn't about likes or dislikes, but for giving some time and helping out a developer, it's not what they can do for you, it's all about what we can do for everyone else, the subject matter means little, either you have the time or you don't, some do, some don't, it's a choice, i don't hardly play any games any more, just enjoy testing, but it's not for everyone, as rewards are low to sometimes nil but if you feel like helping out and get rewards in just doing that, sign up and find out[;)]

or don't and wait a while longer until the subject game is released in more detail.

either way, will either see you there, or not, which ever you choose[;)]
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

ORIGINAL: zakblood

beta testing imo isn't about likes or dislikes, but for giving some time and helping out a developer, it's not what they can do for you, it's all about what we can do for everyone else, the subject matter means little, either you have the time or you don't, some do, some don't, it's a choice, i don't hardly play any games any more, just enjoy testing, but it's not for everyone, as rewards are low to sometimes nil but if you feel like helping out and get rewards in just doing that, sign up and find out[;)]

or don't and wait a while longer until the subject game is released in more detail.

either way, will either see you there, or not, which ever you choose[;)]

I kindly disagree...[;)]

For instance, my fields of expertise are history, strategy games and science-fiction. I am currentely beta-testing a 4x game set in a historical setting....here i can bring added value and i have also an interest in the topic of the game which helps me doing the testing. If i should beta-test an RPG, i would test 10 minutes and then done....not really helpful.

Now, what stopped me even more is the fact that i am supposed to give my forum password....seriously? We learn everyday that we shouldn't share passwords...
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

my expertise is computer science and data recovery / antivirus repair plus did teach and coach national and international swimming, while gaming is just a hobby, testing is more of a side note which i also enjoy but bring only time to it, nothing else, but but fair point[;)]

Return to “General Discussion”