116 Amazing Facts for People Who Like Amazing Facts

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

116 Amazing Facts for People Who Like Amazing Facts

Post by wings7 »

"116 Amazing Facts for People Who Like Amazing Facts" [:)] This is a large list!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smar ... Ge#image=1

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
waltero

RE: 116 Amazing Facts for People Who Like Amazing Facts

Post by waltero »

I liked this one; 108. In the 1880s, a baboon worked as a signalman for nine years on a South African railroad. He was paid in brandy and never made a mistake.

I accidently hopped on another site and found this;

Desmond Doss’ religion forbade him from carrying a gun or threatening another human life, which was very inconvenient when he was drafted into the Second World War. So Doss was a conscientious objector, placed as a non-combatant, and was the target of ridicule from the other soldiers. He was serving as a field medic in Okinawa when the Japanese attacked his unit on top of a cliff, cutting down nearly every man. Doss quickly rigged up a stretcher that could be lowered by a series of ropes and pulleys to the ground below. Then, by himself and under fire, he retrieved each soldier in his unit one at a time and lowered them to safety. President Truman said it was 75 men that Doss pulled to safety when he presented him the Medal of Honor (above), but Doss insists it was closer to 50. That was only one instance of astonishing bravery and self-sacrifice Doss displayed throughout his military service. His story is told in the documentary The Conscientious Objector.

"WELL ~ Mrs. LIncoln,
other than that, How was the play?

Return to “General Discussion”