Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Oosterbeek -Now-

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Oosterbeek -Now- Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Oosterbeek -Now- - 8/10/2018 4:46:15 PM   
Cataphract88

From Battle Academy to Tigers, there's no stopping Rico!

Richard

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 661
RE: Oosterbeek -Now- - 8/11/2018 12:30:35 AM   
UP844

Quite tough. I had some moments of despair when I saw German AFVs everywhere.

Big praise for the 75mm howitzer, that repulsed several German attacks.

The kill ratio has been unusually low (9:24.5 squads, i.e. 1:2.5).

The German stack highlighted in red could have advanced in the last Advance Segment to retake the adjacent VP hex (and throw me back to a Minor Victory), but for some reason the AI decided it should stand still and collect daisies (a strange core for SS troops ).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by UP844 -- 8/11/2018 12:33:47 AM >

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 662
RE: Oosterbeek -Now- - 8/11/2018 2:18:19 PM   
UP844

Playing on the German side is as difficult as smashing eggs with a hammer.

Attachment (1)

Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

(in reply to UP844)
Post #: 663
RE: Oosterbeek -Now- - 8/11/2018 3:37:09 PM   
rico21

@ UP
@ Richard

< Message edited by rico21 -- 8/11/2018 3:38:49 PM >

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 664
The Fall of Carentan - 8/16/2018 12:32:28 PM   
rico21

The Fall of Carentan

On the evening of 11 June 501st and 506th PIR were committed to the battle and throughout the night the US paratroopers
watched as Carentan was subjected to near continual naval gun fire, artillery, mortar and tank destroyer bombardment. At 0200
hours on 12 June 506th attacked Hill 30 to south of the city and from there, at 0500 hours they assaulted the city. From the
northeast 327th Glider Infantry also drove into Carentan, with the two units meeting up at 0730. 501st PIR circled the city,
linking up with 506th PIR, closing the trap around German defenders. Remarkably, the German defenders seemed to offer little
resistance.
Unbeknownst to the Americans, von der Heydte had recognised the danger and before dark on 11 June had withdrawn from Carentan
and set up a new defensive line to the southwest of the city. This line held against the attacks by 501st and 506th PIR that
resumed on the afternoon of 12 June.
On 12 June the reinforcements that were meant to assist 6. Fallschirmjägerregiment in holding Carentan finally arrived, the
17. ‘Gotz von Berlichingen’ SS-Panzergrenadierdivision. Annoyed that Fallschirmjäger had given up the city, Brigadeführer
Ostendorff, the SS Commander, at first sought von der Heydte’s arrest for defeatism, but was eventually calmed down by his
superiors. The Jäger were now subordinated to the SS Division and on 13 June, together they launched a counter attack to regain
Carentan.
The attack, supported by assault guns from 17. SS-Panzerabteilung hit both 501st and 506th PIR at 0630 and drove them back
towards the city. II. Bataillon, 6. Fallschirmjägerregiment managed to get into Carentan and took up positions near the
railway station, however they were forced to retreat when 502nd PIR and a combat group made up of a battalion of tanks and a
battalion of armoured infantry from 2nd Armoured Division and supported by the 14th Armoured Field Artillery Battalion were
committed to the battle. By the early afternoon the initiative had swung back to the Americans and the attack was repulsed.
This was the last time German forces attempted to retake Carentan.

American German
101st Airborne Screaming Eagles --><-- 6. Fallschirmjägerregiment, 17. ‘Gotz von Berlichingen’ SS-Panzergrenadierdivision

Best played only American SIDE / with LOS: 8 Hexes / with RULE: AI Feature / with MOD: Yours / etc.

Scenario Length: 10 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer : Battle Academy'Men [ The Fall of Carentan ]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 665
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Oosterbeek -Now- Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI