OOB HQ

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

HobbesACW

OOB HQ

Post by HobbesACW »

Hi folks, there seems to be a little flakiness when changing a units HQ in the OOB display. In the left picture the unit (C) is attached to the highest HQ which should have a range of 24 (but the unit is out of range > 12). In the middle picture the unit (B) is attached to the second highest HQ which should have a range of 12 (but is in range <= 24). After attaching and detaching a few times I am left with the right picture. Both units are now shown as attached to the highest HQ yet they still show the same HQ range - one is 24 the other 12. Whatever I do I can't get the 24 range for unit C. I've now been forced to change my setup in order to have the unit in command control (NATO A Test of Wills).

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments
Capture8.jpg
Capture8.jpg (116.17 KiB) Viewed 90 times
CapnDarwin

RE: OOB HQ

Post by CapnDarwin »

An odd one. I will bring this up in tonight's Dev call. My guess is that the C group was made independent (same level as the top HQ and is locked at that level. Can you post a save game of the final state of things shown in the last image?
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

Sorry Capn. I didn't save it in that state at the time as I was trying to fix the problem. When I go back to a save just after I changed the setup I can no longer reproduce the problem. Now if I attach the C unit to the top level HQ it shows that HQs range of 24. I can only suggest somebody plays around with attaching units to the top two HQs at the start of this scenario to see if the problem can be reproduced. If not it must at least be a pretty rare bug. If I see it again I will immediately save and post the file.

Cheers,
Chris
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Chris, Thanks for the update.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
HobbesACW

Post by HobbesACW »

I just ran into the same problem again but have a save this time. Then I went back into the game from the save and the HQ has attached OK.
Maybe there is a bug that is fixed by exiting the game and going back in?
I was going to add a screenshot to show what I mean but it seems with the Matrix forums you are unable to add screenshots in a reply and with Steam I always forget where the save game file is?

Cheers,
Chris

Return to “Tech Support”