Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Feature Request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Feature Request - 8/22/2018 2:53:00 PM   
Okayrun3254

quote:

ORIGINAL: DoubleDeuce

IIRC, for any ASL vets out there, interested in, or playing this game, its a lot closer to the Starter Kits than full blown ASL. So there are NO Snipers, Multi-story buildings, Bypass Movement, Concealment, Prisoners and quite a few other full ASL rules.

I purchased this game recently, and I am really enjoying it. I have played ASL and know of Starter Kits, but I am not trying to steer future development of TotH towards either one. This is a tactical computer game that I think is very well done, in fact the best one of this type I have ever played on the computer. I thought this was a feature request thread, so I am just giving my opinion of what I think would be a nice added feature to an excellent game. A sniper feature is a legitimate feature request in any tactical level wargame. I am not weighing in on priorities because I also like a lot of the other suggestions too, and would be happy with any added new features in the future.

(in reply to DoubleDeuce)
Post #: 331
RE: Feature Request - 8/25/2018 11:23:13 AM   
LN59

Inspired by Technikzauberer & UP844 in their recent thread Scenario Design -'Frozen' Units

quote:

Technikzauberer: '[...]options for emulating unready or surprised units'

quote:

UP844: 'the possibility of setting a personnel unit state (Good Order/Pinned/Broken)'

+2

I totally subscribe to this idea which would greatly enrich the possibilities offered to the scenario designers
while preserving (IMO) the spirit of the game wanted by Peter.
Excessivily detailed Table of Equipment means inevitably more complex rules of use greedy in memory resources
and time of computation and leads to forget that essential goal: to keep the priority on the game's fluidity...
and also favor the scenwriters' imagination!

"On ne passe pas !"
The French soldiers' motto (Verdun, 1916)

(in reply to Okayrun3254)
Post #: 332
RE: Feature Request - 8/26/2018 7:03:40 AM   
rico21

Peter, add this description feature please, if you don't do for me, do it for UP.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Krasny)
Post #: 333
RE: Feature Request - 8/26/2018 7:29:44 PM   
fuselex

what we really need to do is not go down the path of ASL .
A lot of options that you require a degree in to understand , then find that there are not many others who have the same degree and dedication.
After all , to attract new followers , it is better to give them a condensed version of the bible rather than the whole book.
Even at this point of the game , someone picking it up ,playing a scenario , has to be daunting .

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 334
RE: Feature Request - 8/28/2018 12:24:01 AM   
Hailstone

Let's not be too hasty to keep TotH dumbed down to attract new players but fuselex has a point. My remedy, TotH 2!

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 335
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> RE: Feature Request Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI