THANK YOU!!!

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

Peter Fisla

THANK YOU!!!

Post by Peter Fisla »

Hi All,

I have been watching idjester's editor and gameplay videos past few days as well as Jorgen Holmquist feedback and I noticed few things so I'm currently working on the game to make further tweaks and improvements. There will be a new game as well as editor update in this thread so watch this thread tomorrow like a hawk :)

I also know Richie61 has some special free goodies for you ready tomorrow as well :D (I hope didn't say too much Richie61!)

In Addition, I would like to say a big Thank You to the whole beta test team that worked with me tirelessly for the last 6 months, helping me to make a better game! I don't want to name names because I'm worried that I will miss someone...you know who you are guys...so thanks again for all your effort, I salute you!!! :)

Thank You idjester, for all your support, feedback - I love all your videos!!!

Thank You to my Publisher Matrix Games/Slitherine, especially to JDM, Erik K. Rutins, Marco Minoli and Tamas Kiss for having a faith in me to see this project through ! :)

Thank you to Steve Ford, the graphics designer; he made all the game art. Steve is a SSG veteran who worked on many SSG games in the past. I love his work!

A special thanks to a very close friend and mentor Roger Keating, Australian Game developer and Designer at SSG! He has been there for me as a friend and guide to help me stay focused on the path since I think 1997. Without him, I wouldn't be where I am today! I love all his games (even though I suck at playing operational wargames).

I HUGE Thank You to Jorgen Holmquist - dear friend of mine - he has been with me since I think around 2007, tirelessly testing and providing constant feedback to my game. Without him, the game would not have been release tomorrow, it would take me much much longer - many more months, perhaps even longer . So again, Thank You Jorgen, I couldn't have done this without you!!!

I'm just a wargamer, like all of you guys; who has passion for wargames, especially tactical wrgames. I have worked on Tigers on the Hunt for the past 10 years pretty much ever day after my day job, or between contracts. I'm a one man development team, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow!!! My plan for the future is to support the game for a long time to come, by providing game patches/updates and assuming the game sells reasonably well - I will be working on an expansion as well.

Cheers and Thank You all...happy wargaming to everyone! :D

NOTE: ZERO DAY PATCH fix/information was removed from this message since its now obsolete with UPDATE1 released.
Dietrich53

RE: Zero day patch - and - THANK YOU!!!

Post by Dietrich53 »

Thanks for your effort! This game will make history in itself and the countless scenarios and mods!

Dietrich
B&D Publishing LLC - Books from Collectors for Collectors!
dox44

Post by dox44 »

hey congrats again to you and team.

i sure hope it sells reasonably well...
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Thanks a lot to Peter and everyone concerned to improve Tigers on the hunt. I feel tomorrow is the birth of a classic! [:)]
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Peter,

If this game system is half as good as it looks it will definitely mark the time going forward and truly be a standard for all games of its type to be measured against!

I'm an old ASL'er from way back and quite frankly this is the best system I've seen come down the road in a long time! It will be monumental, I feel it and oddly I haven't even played it yet.

I'm liking a whole bunch of what I see here in your system and even more important I see modules and upgrades that will take your system to levels un-dreamed of at this point.

In the early 90's I got away from ASL in favor of the Campaign Series simply because the rules for the former got unmanageable. Every time I turned around I was rifling through a rules manual to remember what needed to be done as a scenario was being played.

You have simplified that process immensely with your new and improved system. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the turnout for your new game system, hands down.

Stay the course and God's speed! Greatness is just around the corner!

Kind Regards

Big Ivan
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
idjester

Post by idjester »

Congrats to Matrix Games and Slitherine for the "soon to be release" of another very good game. with quality titles like this they will continue to grow
and prosper and that is good news to all of us that love their games.

A big thank you to Peter for all of his time, effort, and desire to make a game for all of us to enjoy. He did it for the love of the game and I can't
think of a better reason to undertake such a mammoth project. The end is just the beginning as I forsee much more to come. Thanks Peter.

I just joined in the project recently so I have not much history with it, so I want to also thank all of the people who supported Peter along the way. If
it wasn't for you guys/gals Feb 25th would be just another day, but because of your effort and support Feb 25th will be the day of the Tiger!!

kirtapbun

Post by kirtapbun »

Thanks for your effort! This is THE game I have been waiting for!
pad152

Post by pad152 »

Looking forward playing the game this weekend! [:)]
sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

Thank you
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
z1812

Post by z1812 »

My thanks will be to purchase this game when it is released tomorrow.

Hopefully, based upon successful sales, the game system and features will continue to be developed.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Same.
ORIGINAL: z1812

My thanks will be to purchase this game when it is released tomorrow.

Hopefully, based upon successful sales, the game system and features will continue to be developed.
dundas61

Post by dundas61 »

Been counting down the weeks, then the days - soon this masterpiece will be ours to enjoy and experience!

Many thanks, Peter, and to all who helped you along the way!
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Looking forward to the purchase tomorrow!
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
Paullus

Post by Paullus »

Thank you for the kind words Peter. I have really enjoyed the journey this has been. From the initial build I got in 2007 and the different incarnation the game has had through the years.

I really recommend you to get the Day Zero patch Peter is posting release day. He has worked hard on improvements that has made the game even better. I myself will also release a couple of scenarios made for release day here on the Forum. In a few weeks I will also have a Campaign Game Scenario for you. Be sure to visit this Forum after you have got the game.
For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus
blazej

Post by blazej »

Yes - very soon indeed!

So happy :)

BTW when it says that the release will be on the 25th, what time will that be and in what time zone?

:D

Thanks,
Michal
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

I'll sadly be just window shopping for a while on this one. Funds is dry.

But looking forward to witnessing the launch of a game that I'd have told a person was simply not going to happen but a couple of months ago.

It hurt selling my ASL collection. The only board game war game I've ever known to be immune to the normal effects losing usually creates. It was just so fun to watch it in action.

This game might give me back my ASL fix.

I can play tactical all the way through company and battalion and all the variations of operational into grand strategy, but in the end, I've always preferred squad level and platoon level games. I just like driving tanks around :)
Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.
DaveyJJ

Post by DaveyJJ »

Even if this thing doesn't run under WINE in OSX (and I wind up wasting money), you've done a great thing here, Peter, bringing a great tactical WW2 game to the masses. Kudos.
DaveyJJ

Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

I think I will be getting this one! Still have all my ASL, just no room to set it up any more!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: DaveyJJ

Even if this thing doesn't run under WINE in OSX (and I wind up wasting money), you've done a great thing here, Peter, bringing a great tactical WW2 game to the masses. Kudos.

DaveyJJ, I tested it on my Linux Mint 17.1 in wine and no problem...don't have OSX so can't test it there.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Congratulations and Thanks Peter. Good luck with the launch.

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”