Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Castor Troy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Castor Troy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Castor Troy - 2/17/2016 10:29:34 PM   
Miller

If I remember correctly his last PBEM opponent said he had been involved in a serious road accident. Checking the forum he has not logged in or posted since last June. Anyone know if he is ok? Played him many years ago in the original WITP and he kicked my arse.
Post #: 1
RE: Castor Troy - 2/17/2016 11:00:58 PM   
Canoerebel

Paul, I don't have any info about Castor. (Here's hoping he's okay.) But I do remember you game vs. him. As I recall, Timor became quite the battlefield.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 2
RE: Castor Troy - 2/17/2016 11:10:07 PM   
Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

Paul, I don't have any info about Castor. (Here's hoping he's okay.) But I do remember you game vs. him. As I recall, Timor became quite the battlefield.

Yes, I think I lost about ten flight decks in one day near there.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 3
RE: Castor Troy - 2/17/2016 11:47:49 PM   
Canoerebel

Castor was Japan and you were the Allies, right? Was that the only time you were the Allied player in a PBEM match?

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 4
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 12:52:35 AM   
Lowpe

Spidery was also in some kind of accident and is missing.

Come to think of it I haven't seen Mr.Kane around in long time too.

Here is hoping that Castor is ok!

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 1:16:29 AM   
Miller

quote:

Castor was Japan and you were the Allies, right? Was that the only time you were the Allied player in a PBEM match?

No I was the Allies in a couple of other WITP games but they were spoilt by problems with mods in the scenarios, that's why I have since only ever played "stock" AE games.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 6
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 1:20:02 AM   
Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Spidery was also in some kind of accident and is missing.

Come to think of it I haven't seen Mr.Kane around in long time too.

Here is hoping that Castor is ok!

Just checked and Mr Kane was CT's last opponent and was the one who informed the forum of his accident, he might have some more news but has not posted himself for almost six months....

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 7
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 9:59:55 AM   
JocMeister

Didn´t know about Spidery. I remember CT was apparently in some kind of motorcycle accident.

Odd that Tom has disappeared. He was playing a lot of games including Spidery and CT. Don´t know if he was playing anyone else.

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 8
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 2:19:31 PM   
HansBolter

I too miss CT. I said a few prayers for him when I first learned of his accident.

Sure hope he is recovering well and that we see him here again.

Hans

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 9
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 2:36:21 PM   
Lowpe

Tom was playing several games, just not doing AARs on them.

Gotta be discouraging putting so much time into the game and losing the player. Why I like to pickup games rather than start fresh.

I have sent a few prayers GreyJoy's way too & it is nice to see Obvert back again if briefly.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 10
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 2:42:21 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Tom was playing several games, just not doing AARs on them.

Gotta be discouraging putting so much time into the game and losing the player. Why I like to pickup games rather than start fresh.

I have sent a few prayers GreyJoy's way too & it is nice to see Obvert back again if briefly.

Nice to hear!

I'm sad CT had an accident and also add in my best wishes he is getting back to health. I think even if he does these things can lead to changes in how one spends time. never know. Games are great, and this community is amazing, but it doesn't lead to a good balance at all times, I think we can agree!

Nick (GreyJoy) went through the loss of his father and was in the process of grieving when I last heard from him. He let me know he'd be back, but I would guess he's spending time with family and friends as well as dealing with his sometimes intense career as a lawyer. I miss him, not just as a great player, but as a friend.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 11
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 6:36:48 PM   
geofflambert

Anyone heard from Chickenboy?

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 12
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 6:38:25 PM   
Canoerebel

I haven't heard anything from him or about him, but I just posted this in Obvert's "Itch" thread:

"Chickenboy moved from Minnesota to San Antonio last year. He was still involved in at least one game (vs. Sqz?) and perhaps another (vs. AW1Steve?) late last year, but I think he vanished from his game with Sqz after becoming irregular for awhile. He became embroiled in a pretty terse exchange between several forumites over the merits and virtues of the Sir Robin gambit. That exchange led AW1Steve to withdraw (temporarily, he implied). Then Chickenboy disappeared withouta word shortly thereafter. This all happened in December.

"I think Chickenboy was experiencing burnout. I have hopes that a sabbatical will refresh him so that he'll return."

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 13
RE: Castor Troy - 2/18/2016 8:26:07 PM   
warspite1

quote:

I haven't heard anything from him or about him, but I just posted this in Obvert's "Itch" thread:

"Chickenboy moved from Minnesota to San Antonio last year. He was still involved in at least one game (vs. Sqz?) and perhaps another (vs. AW1Steve?) late last year, but I think he vanished from his game with Sqz after becoming irregular for awhile. He became embroiled in a pretty terse exchange between several forumites over the merits and virtues of the Sir Robin gambit. That exchange led AW1Steve to withdraw (temporarily, he implied). Then Chickenboy disappeared withouta word shortly thereafter. This all happened in December.

"I think Chickenboy was experiencing burnout. I have hopes that a sabbatical will refresh him so that he'll return."
warspite1

A great shame - he was one of the good guys. Hope he'll be back.

England expects that every man will do his duty.
Horatio Nelson - October 1805

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 14
RE: Castor Troy - 2/20/2016 9:05:43 PM   
geofflambert

AW1Steve is ok. He'll be back.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Castor Troy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI