Assistance on Play

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

demyansk

Assistance on Play

Post by demyansk »

I bought this game when it first came out since I was a big fan of the War in Russia game from the early 1990's.

I play once in a while but want to get into the game a little more. I am tired of playing a few of my other games and want a thinking type of play.

Can you guys provide me with a good link or two that will give me some good info on the game? I might look at youtube and see what I can find.

Thanks
loki100

RE: Assistance on Play

Post by loki100 »

I'd strongly suggest reading some of the AARs. Sillyflower's current German one is a masterclass in that he sets out his logic and how it fits together as opposed to just reporting what happened.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks Loki for the info, I am going to look at the tutorial manual and go from there. A few of the screens like the commander screen I never look at. I guess just have to try different things.
RKhan

Post by RKhan »

Nothing beats getting stuck in against a human player for moving quickly up the learning curve. But I would suggest finding another novice to learn against.
RKhan
Rico2016

Post by Rico2016 »

This game absolutely cries out for a wiki (if not a book). I saw reference tone which appears shut down, or broken. I love this game (playing it for just a few weeks) but it is hard to follow the "Grandmasters" sometimes. Even the AARs while excellent, are a little hard to follow - they assume a lot of prior knowledge IMHO. Is there plans to update the WIKI?
RKhan

Post by RKhan »

There are actually some tutorial videos on youtube that are nice, just search War in the East.

I agree about the wiki.
RKhan

Return to “The War Room”