That darn unloading again

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jcax101

That darn unloading again

Post by jcax101 »

Current stock scenario 1.

At Shikuka (size 5 port with no Naval Support Sqds) there is a docked TF failing to unload 20cm 41YT CD guns from a Coast Defense unit. The guns have a load cost of 176 if I read it correctly. Maybe I missed it in the manual, but I don't remember seeing anything about an items' load costs requiring Naval Support when a TF is docked.

Thanks for the help.
Scott
BBfanboy

RE: That darn unloading again

Post by BBfanboy »

The model for Port Size in the game builds in assumptions about crane capacity and dock capacity that are summed up in the maximum load size they can handle. I don't recall if the manual left it unstated or hid it in a table. Suffice to say you need to build the port higher or bring in naval support.

PS: some items take more than a day to unload so let the TF stay on unload status at least two days to see if one of the devices unload.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Alfred

RE: That darn unloading again

Post by Alfred »

It is mentioned in several parts of the manual.  To just mention two locations, page 127 and 212.

You don't need Naval Support to unload anything.  Ports have their own organic unload rates which differ depending on the size of a port.  Depending on the size of a port and the "size" of what is being unloaded, it may take a very long time or be completely impossible, to unload.  the organic port unload rate is modified negatively by port damage and modified positively by Naval Support.

A port size 5 is not that big so really large items benefit from the boost to unload rates provided by Naval Support.

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”