For anticipation of the arrival of SC3 mechanics for discussion in this new year of 2016 this thread will hopefully catalyze some developer comments on what will be new(remote hints) and what will be kept from the SC series of the past.
1. Supply: same, slight modifications, different, or vastly changed?
2. Movement: strategic and operational with some tactical concepts?
3. Combat: modes, air, ground and naval.
4. Unit attributes: the algorithms of features like morale, readiness, experience, leader enhancements, etc.
5. Terrain effects, a semblance of the past or some imaginative tweaks?
6. Game ending victory / defeat evaluation parameters.
There are more, sure some of the loyalists would like to add, but likely the usual non-interaction will make this a "one post pony"!
Before I resume my Winter slumber, my guess, in that Beta has not even begun, we are still a year away, perhaps this time next year!