artillery

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Icier

artillery

Post by Icier »

How come the Germans are not allowed to assign artillery to individual divisions are create
artillery divisions? [&:]
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Schmart

RE: artillery

Post by Schmart »

Artillery Divisions are not a doctrine that the Germans used.

No nationality is able to assign artillery to on map Div/Corps sized units.
Icier

Post by Icier »

I seem to remember the Germans having @ least one..the 18th artillery division being used
on the eastern front.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
vandorenp

Post by vandorenp »

I think if you check through the web you will find the division had major problems and was disbanded. Nevertheless Fall of 44 Germans were organizing Volks Artillery Corps and Volks Werfer Brigades. Attaching these would be immensely easier than the five and six battalions respectively these included.
Keydet
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Germans get those artillery BDEs later in the game.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”