Feature request

The Community Project is a free wargame construction set to existing owners of DC: Barbarossa

Moderators: Vic, lancer

elmo3

Feature request

Post by elmo3 »

As I understand it, historical reinforcement units can not have their HQ designated when they are created in the library. This means they will get assigned to the closest HQ when they arrive and will almost certainly need to be reassigned by the player. A field to specify the historical HQ when creating reinforcement units would be very helpful. Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Vic

RE: Feature request

Post by Vic »

@all,

I am more than willing to extend functionality of libraries and allow for extra possibilities, but would prefer to get the current setup well tested and proven first before extending on top of it.
At least a few weeks up to a month or two please. In the meantime please do add stuff to this "feature request thread".
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

I see in the details tab on many arty pieces that they have a range of up to 19km which would be at least 3 hexes on a 5km/hex map. Would like to see a way to increase arty ranges for scenarios with 5km/hex. Maybe add a new field in the Troop Type library, or if the value is hard coded, then maybe the ScaleType = 1 could also have an increase in arty range, say +50%? Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Possibility to add the Commander photo on all units!

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

finetuning the HQ command range.

elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Can we please get a confirmation popup when clicking on Remove Officer in the Officer Library! Just deleted an officer with my fat fingers and have no idea who it was so I'm going to have to spend a lot of time going over everything.

WitE alpha/beta tester
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Can we have a way to see HQ range in the editor? I can count hexes but it would be nice to see it visually when setting up units and HQ's.

WitE alpha/beta tester
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

I think it is already good to have two range, Long (8 hex) and Short (4 hex).

elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

When you click on the Add Troop Type button in the Troop Type library editor there is no way to cancel out of the window that pops up. You have to create a new troop type even if you changed your mind. A Cancel button would be nice.

WitE alpha/beta tester
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Please activate the button in the simple editor library screen to remove a troop type library. I have a redundant library and can't get rid of it. Only workaround I can think of is to delete every entry in the library.

WitE alpha/beta tester
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Elmo,

Can you send me your files to vic@xs4all.nl?

I'll take a look

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

When replacements arrive from the replacement table (not a card) the daily report calls them "reinforcements". Could that be changed so the report says "replacements"?

WitE alpha/beta tester
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I would like to request two types of movement, that are not there at the moment.

One for sleighs (horse drawn) and one for skis

It is my understanding that certain troops in the finnish winter war used these.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Ernie,

In the latest version the 'Ski Infantry' was added as a model for the TroopTypes you can create in the TroopType editor. The difference is quite minor but basically ski movement equals cavalry movement in snow landscapeTypes.

The sleights were not since it felt a bit to micro for me and I did not see it fit with the logic of the other TroopType models used. Artillery for example has Foot movement as at minimum some sort of horse traction is supposed.

best wishes,
Vic
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I'd like to request a new trooptype, armoured car. It is very probable something others would use. Basically light tank with wheel movement i guess.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Vic

Post by Vic »

@ernie,

Adding it to the to-do list for the next version. Right you are.

Best wishes,
Vic
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Thanks!

And thank you for the Ski-Infantry. Was testing it, and they have an enormous range, maybe it could be toned down alittle.... 1/5 less or maybe 1/4 less. Also found that they are excellent at movement even when there is no snow. Has no bearing on the scenario, as it will always be snow, but for others it might be relevant. :)
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Maybe it would be wise to have a way to extract libraries from a scenario built with them. Was thinking that it would be a good way to ensure others can modify existing scenarios built with the simple editor.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
Vic

Post by Vic »

Will take a look at the Ski guys next patch (monday).

Extracting the libraries again would be a bit of a pain to code, but there is a work-around when using the 'keys of potential doom' advanced editor where you delete all the libraries except the one you want to extract and then save (and change file extension afterwards for good measure). So there is an emergency escape already there.

best wishes,
Vic
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

Good to know Vic :) I hope I never have to use the emergency escape route. :)
  • Advanced Tactics Gold

Return to “Scenario Design with the Community Project”