Target/Reinstall question

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pontiouspilot

Target/Reinstall question

Post by pontiouspilot »

I have done an upgrade/reinstall prior to starting a new game. I suck at computers! I am under the belief that I have latest official and unofficial betas finally installed and running. The question I have is that my Properties/Target line reads as follows: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition.exe" (followed by the various switches, all of which seem to work). This "Target line" is different than others I have seen cited. Should it have Beta 2 in it somewhere?? An earlier install I had put Beta2 somewhere in that line. Does it matter? Beta2 is in file list installed under WITPAE. Sorry for the stupid question.
BBfanboy

RE: Target/Reinstall question

Post by BBfanboy »

I don't have the Beta installed but I am pretty sure the installer always tries to put the game in the standard path and you have to manually change the path to where you want it installed. Of course you first need to create the new file root for the second install.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

I don't have the Beta installed but I am pretty sure the installer always tries to put the game in the standard path and you have to manually change the path to where you want it installed. Of course you first need to create the new file root for the second install.
No. The Beta installs itself into the "Beta2" subfolder in the game installation. So in the OP's question, this

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition.exe"

would change to this

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition.exe"

But remember that is the "Target". The "Start in" would still be

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition"

(do NOT add "Beta2" to the "Start in").
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

Thanks for the help! I would have given up on any of the advanced features or even updating long ago without the help on here.

Return to “Tech Support”