Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carriers default setup?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Carriers default setup? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carriers default setup? - 12/9/2015 10:02:52 PM   
vary10

Hello!
Is it possible to setup all carriers to build only bombers, without scrapping every single fighter and tapping on the Build Bomber button? I have a carrier design with 13 Adv Fighters Bays, so it's rather fiddly to make them bombers-only that way
Post #: 1
RE: Carriers default setup? - 12/10/2015 12:00:43 AM   
Aeson

No, it's not possible to change what the balance of fighters carried by a carrier is. Nor, for that matter, would I suggest bothering changing the composition of a carrier's fighter wing manually, as last I checked, fighters which are destroyed will be replaced by the fighter type which brings the carrier's fighter wing closer to the 50-50 split, not by the kind of fighter which was lost.

(in reply to vary10)
Post #: 2
RE: Carriers default setup? - 12/10/2015 10:39:11 AM   
vary10

Thanks! Indeed, carriers build fighters to restore balance.
Which means that it's better not to research longrange bombers, as they will further reduce the firepower.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 3
RE: Carriers default setup? - 12/12/2015 10:59:23 PM   
HerpInYourDerp

The only way to build just a single strike-craft type is by splitting off the research branches.

(in reply to vary10)
Post #: 4
RE: Carriers default setup? - 12/13/2015 10:11:02 PM   
aaatoysandmore

I find you don't need anything beyond the first bomber tech and the first nuclear bomb. I build my own bombers and don't build carriers at all as I put advanced fighters on my bombers and while they are bombing the advanced fighters keep other enemy ships at bay. I also put on 1 troop carrier and watch my bombing. When all the soldiers on a planet finally die I send in just a small wave of troops and take the planet. Since I don't use assimulate except on races that like me. I have no problems with revolts. One planet taken for a lot less tech.

(in reply to HerpInYourDerp)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Carriers default setup? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI