Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

In your opinion.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> In your opinion..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
In your opinion..... - 12/7/2015 6:52:54 PM   
aaatoysandmore

What's the strongest weapon line of tech to follow to you? I feel the game becomes redundant as I don't see anything better than beams or phasers and torpedoes. Do you?

Things like logistics are imperative that you tech up in. The cost of troops without it is ridiculously high. This is another redundant.

Getting the Merchants Guild is another imperative as it makes your flow of cash almost twice as big as before.

I don't make anything else more important than these every game and I'm hard pressed to lose a game so far. I have the best income with the best weapons and the cheapest soldiers. Everything else just plays 2nd fiddle to these. How about you?

In my opinion the game needs randomness in breakthroughs in science discoveries. From my understanding in our own world most scientific discoveries were by chance like soap I think is one. There's a handful like the light bulb I guess but so many things were discovered accidentally.

There should just be selection boxes like WEAPONS and you get pot luck on the weapon you might get. Once you do get it though you can more precisely research it on rails with the normal either or to finishing it.

Have several things per category like Missles, Bombers, Fighters, Army upgrades. Don't just have a hand picked tech screen that's so easy to determine the path one gets to take. Make it a guessing game like Alpha Centauri did it. Don't make it if I click this I'm guaranteed to get this at the end of a certain amount of time. Life is about chance and random, nothing is guaranteed except paying taxes and death. Even a person in perfect health can get cancer.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> In your opinion..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI