Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russia In 1806

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Wars of Napoleon >> Russia In 1806 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 11:08:59 AM   
tgb

I started up the 1806 Prussia campaign and wanted to play as Russia. Russia starts with a single locked garrison and a single trade flotilla. That's it. You can't raise troops, conduct diplomacy, or do anything, really, other than hit next turn and watch the world go by. Why even offer it as an option?

I decided to give Ageod another shot since it seemed that the non-combat options were more robust. Never again. I wish this were on Steam so I could get my money back.
Post #: 1
RE: Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 11:18:14 AM   
loki100

deleted

< Message edited by loki100 -- 12/5/2015 12:53:14 PM >

AARs:
WiTW: Once Upon a Time (somewhere)in the West; Fischia il vento; (oh) For a few Panzers More; XXX Corps Diary; Infamy, Infamy!
Others at AGEOD
PoN: A clear bright sun

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 2
RE: Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 11:49:01 AM   
Pocus

I would say you are not choosing the most interesting option if you want to play the Russians in the 1806 scenario. Why not try the Russians in the Grand campaign instead, that's the meat of the game. If you want to practice, take the French in the 1806 campaign, to get an idea on how warfare is done. But you do yourself a disservice by choosing this nation, in this scenario.

AGEOD Team - Lead Developer
Check our historical strategy games on Napoleon, the Great War, the American Civil War, War of American Independence and others!

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 12:40:20 PM   
tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

I would say you are not choosing the most interesting option if you want to play the Russians in the 1806 scenario. Why not try the Russians in the Grand campaign instead, that's the meat of the game. If you want to practice, take the French in the 1806 campaign, to get an idea on how warfare is done. But you do yourself a disservice by choosing this nation, in this scenario.

Then why offer it?

I started the grand campaign as the Russians. I played 2 turns (with processing taking 5 minutes + each), and then after another 5 minutes of turn resolution I got a CTD.

Uninstalled. I just wish I had my $40 back.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 4
RE: Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 12:50:38 PM   
Suvorov928

Too bad. You're missing out on one of the best PC wargames out there, and it will only get better with time as they continue to update the game, as AGEOD always does. They continue to work on and improve their games for a long time after release. This thing is only going to get better and better.

< Message edited by Suvorov928 -- 12/5/2015 1:51:12 PM >

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 5
RE: Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 1:00:48 PM   
tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suvorov928

Too bad. You're missing out on one of the best PC wargames out there, and it will only get better with time as they continue to update the game, as AGEOD always does. They continue to work on and improve their games for a long time after release. This thing is only going to get better and better.

If it turns out you're right I can always reinstall it. I still wish I could get a refund, though.

(in reply to Suvorov928)
Post #: 6
RE: Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 1:34:08 PM   
Suvorov928

To confirm what tgb is saying, I started up this scenario and clicked on Russia. I could not move the Prussian units at all. I think this scenraio needs to be corrected to either not play as the Russians or allow you to play as Prussian/Russian forces together. Just my $0.02 cents.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 7
RE: Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 2:18:52 PM   
tgb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus

Are you serious??? As the developer it's YOUR job to make ALL the scenario/faction combinations that are available to the player interesting. YOU are the one that created a boring/unplayable scenario and then offered it as an option.

Don't blame me because you couldn't be bothered finishing your game.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 8
RE: Russia In 1806 - 12/5/2015 7:31:51 PM   
Aurelian

Never occurred to me to play any country but Prussia in a scenario called Prussia 1806. Except France

The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Wars of Napoleon >> Russia In 1806 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI