convertible boats list?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

azura987

convertible boats list?

Post by azura987 »

Hi newbie asking a question. Sometimes it's possible to convert boats from one to another for example AK to AG or YP to ACM etc...
Is there a way to list the boats that are convertible? I've been told to look "boats due uprgrade" in the active boats list but I can't find anything listed :o It can be annoying to browse through all ports boats one by one...
GetAssista

RE: convertible boats list?

Post by GetAssista »

Most upgrades depend on ship class. To quickly get the notion of all available upgrades in game, use "List all active ships" button in the upper row, highlight the type, sort by either endurance or capacity and look into each class. Or use Tracker.
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Upgrades and conversions are completely different animals.

Yes, the game does allow conversions, but they are limited and you have to examine each ship to see if it can be converted and what it can be converted into.
Hans

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Yes, the game does allow conversions, but they are limited and you have to examine each ship to see if it can be converted and what it can be converted into.

Or use Tracker. It has a tab devoted to Conversions.
The Moose
guytipton41

Post by guytipton41 »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

And...

Some conversions are foregone if you do the yearly upgrades. Only one I recall at the moment is the Clemson DD conversion to APD which you can't do if you do the '42 upgrade to Clemson LR (or something like that.) I believe the Japanese have a similar decision to make with some of their SCs or E boats.

The Clemsons are no longer viable as combatants by mid '43 so you might want to convert them all to APD. On the other hand an APD will be pwned by a Japanese DD while even a WW1 DD Clemson will go down fighting. But you have to make the decision in early '42...

Cheers,
Guy
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: guytipton41

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

And...

Some conversions are foregone if you do the yearly upgrades. Only one I recall at the moment is the Clemson DD conversion to APD which you can't do if you do the '42 upgrade to Clemson LR (or something like that.) I believe the Japanese have a similar decision to make with some of their SCs or E boats.

The Clemsons are no longer viable as combatants by mid '43 so you might want to convert them all to APD. On the other hand an APD will be pwned by a Japanese DD while even a WW1 DD Clemson will go down fighting. But you have to make the decision in early '42...

Cheers,
Guy

I believe in stock this idea applies to the SST conversions too. Mines or men. Have to check if that's true for all three though. Might just be Argonaut.

I believe DBB changes the SST force structure a bit.
The Moose

Return to “The War Room”