Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to Version 2.0.10!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to Version 2.0.10! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to Ver... - 11/12/2015 10:29:09 AM   
Daniele

It’s here! Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Version 2.0.10 is finally out, bringing the game to a new level of realism!

New Units Status Markers, improved Radio Message Levels and a lot of Bug fixes (including an issue in PBEM situations) are making Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm game experience much deeper than ever!

You can download the patch from here or from the follwoing mirros:

http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/FlashpointCampaignsRedStorm/FlashpointRedstorm-UpdateComp-v2010.zip
http://ftp.eu.matrixgames.com/pub/FlashpointCampaignsRedStorm/FlashpointRedstorm-UpdateComp-v2010.zip
http://ftp.ca.matrixgames.com/pub/FlashpointCampaignsRedStorm/FlashpointRedstorm-UpdateComp-v2010.zip

Check the full changelog below!

And don't forget that Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged Battle Pack is releasing today! Stay tuned!

Change History:
v2.0.10

Added
• There are Four Types of Unit Status Markers
• Two Types of On-Map Kill Markers

Enhanced
• Command Cycle Calculation Rebalanced
• Half Sized Mines and Obstacle Markers (Optional)
• HQ Ranges Increased
• Smoke Mission Changes
• Performance Improvements
• Posture Changes Take Time to Implement
• Radio Message Levels
• Revised Crater Graphics
• Scooting for Resupply and Recon Units
• Victory Report Summary

Bug Fixes
• Amphibious Crossing of Minor Rivers
• Confusion with Chemical Attack Types
• DropBox Access Denied Error in PBEM
• Fixed Transparent Crater Graphic
• Jump Map with Non-Standard Aspect Ratio
• Locked Units Not Getting Orders
• Improved Position Marker Visibility
• Off-Map Artillery Kills Bug
• On-Map Artillery AI Movement
• Turning off FSCC Fails
• Unit Counters Missing Section Icons
• Units Plotting Movement into Large River Hexes
• Unlimited ICM Missions for Artillery

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 11/13/2015 1:20:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 11:14:01 AM   
batteran

Hoho! Great work!

Will we able to get this patch via steam update too?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 11:25:52 AM   
RangerX3X

quote:

ORIGINAL: batteran

Hoho! Great work!

Mine just auto-updated on Steam so it is setup to go as long as you have the game configured to automatically update (which I think is the default setting on Steam).

(in reply to batteran)
Post #: 3
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 11:28:18 AM   
batteran

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerX3X

quote:

ORIGINAL: batteran

Hoho! Great work!

Mine just auto-updated on Steam so it is setup to go as long as you have the game configured to automatically update (which I think is the default setting on Steam).

You are rigth, I just cheked, and the update is on the queue! ^^

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 4
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 11:49:40 AM   
battlerbritain

Yabba dabba dooo....

Damn, I'm at work. Gotta wait, arrrggghhhhh!

Laters...

(in reply to batteran)
Post #: 5
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 2:03:45 PM   
Mad Russian

Let the games begin!!

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to battlerbritain)
Post #: 6
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 2:46:34 PM   
ashandresash

Great surprise when I saw the Steam auto-updating... Thanks once more for supporting this wonderful game ;)

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 7
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 3:24:21 PM   
CapnDarwin

Make sure you guys check out the What's New doc to get all the information on the changes in this update.

Work on Southern Storm continues! Very busy times right now.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to ashandresash)
Post #: 8
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 4:45:09 PM   
Stimpak

Ohh my, I forgot to back up my own user file and now it's been saved over by the update.
Oh well, that's my fault

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 9
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 4:53:55 PM   
CapnDarwin

Stimpak, sorry about that. We need to remember to warn folks about that when we do updates. How much work did you lose?

(in reply to Stimpak)
Post #: 10
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 4:59:51 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele
Enhanced
• HQ Ranges Increased
• Smoke Mission Changes

Sounds good. Thank you! Will grab this and Reforged later today.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 11
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 5:11:10 PM   
Stimpak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

Stimpak, sorry about that. We need to remember to warn folks about that when we do updates. How much work did you lose?

Well, in the Soviet database, I redid almost all the 84+ Battalions, including adding a few variants of "lead element battalions" with FSEs and the like. Changed some of the weapon values (Including putting the Kobra on the T-80BV and T-64BV), and borrowed a whole line of command tanks from I-forgot-who.
In the American database, in a Mechanized Battalion I merged the mortars with their HQ units and spread out the M150 companies among the Mech platoons.
Thankfully my East German database had nothing to save over and is completely intact

All-in-all it'll probably take a day to restore, depending on how lazy I am.

< Message edited by Stimpak -- 11/12/2015 6:12:37 PM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 12
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 7:17:04 PM   
Stimpak

Alright, most of my work's been restored. I just left out the forward detachments until later. I'm a bit busy with a little project I've been working on...
(Don't mind the blobs or the forests, they're placeholders )
(Wowie, the game runs a lot smoother now!)

< Message edited by Stimpak -- 11/12/2015 8:49:55 PM >

(in reply to Stimpak)
Post #: 13
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/12/2015 10:06:23 PM   
SwampYankee68

The support this title has gotten post release sets a standard that the big developers don't get within a country mile of. Well done, and I can't wait to start begging for Reforger from Santa!

"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"

(in reply to Stimpak)
Post #: 14
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/15/2015 9:15:16 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

Let the games begin!!

Good Hunting.

MR

Thanks guys! I am desperately short of playing time so I only buy games I know will be keepers. Finally jumped in (What took me so long right!), enjoying this thoroughly.

Godspeed with future titles and add-ons, great job all over

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam | CS: East Front 1939-1941 IN-THE-WORKS
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 Fully reimaged v2.0 available now!

Post #: 15
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/21/2015 10:42:55 PM   
markcab

" Locked Units Not Getting Orders "

Yeah, I was wondering why some units were like a spinning QB in electric football. This patch made this game vicious.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 16
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/30/2015 3:16:20 PM   
Panta_slith

I have just downloaded the last update and tried it. To be honest, I hadn't played FPC in many months, I was disappointed with several aspects of the game.
Now, I can say that IMO the present version represents a VAST improvement and it seems very well tuned but for some minor oddity (in one of the scenarios the reinforcement helos are attacked immediately upon arrival by enemy arty, sustaining one KIA). I think the game has finally reached its maturity and it is up to expectations. Good work!

< Message edited by Panta -- 11/30/2015 4:18:05 PM >

(in reply to markcab)
Post #: 17
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/30/2015 3:46:45 PM   
CapnDarwin

Panta, nice to see you back. We are working to constantly improve the game and we have even bigger plans for the next game engine to raise the bar even more.

(in reply to Panta_slith)
Post #: 18
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/30/2015 4:06:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We've updated the installers on our servers to fix the exe issue, hopefully if you had a problem with the 2.0.10b update, if you re-download and reinstall it will be fixed.

Please note that in some cases if you have anti-virus software on and cached files, it can requite a cleared cache and/or a re-boot to get things to re-download.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 19
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 11/30/2015 11:47:05 PM   
IronManBeta

Thanks Erik, much appreciated! It is so hard to get installers to work perfectly first time, every time.

Cheers, Rob C

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 20
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/4/2016 7:01:30 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniele
Enhanced
• HQ Ranges Increased
• Smoke Mission Changes

FWIW, I tried playing Tanks for the Memories scenario in Reforged a couple times this past week. I know this has been a long-running issue ever since release, but posture changes and move orders taking time to implement continue to annoy me. Specifically, combat units given a screen posture are still staying decisively engaged longer than I would expect them to. And even when I give them a move order to disengage they still seem to remain in place for a command cycle or longer (eg, 20-40 minutes or more). It's just annoying as heck to watch these screening platoons take continual fire and unnecessary losses before they disengage.

A direct order to move from a screen posture should not take as long as it does to execute. I'll grit my teeth about the default scoot routines for various unit types and postures, but just wondering if anything regarding this is being considered for the 2.0.11 update? Thanks.

Another comment about this scenario, and some others. I understand it was designed to get right into the action, but having a full Soviet battalion appear within the first command cycle totally disregards any possible recon/counter-recon action before getting into a decisive engagement. A modest request for Southern Storm scenario development would be to have more time/space included for recon activities. Doctrinally the Soviets would lead with a combat recon patrol/platoon and then a company before the lead battalion. So just a thought.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 21
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/5/2016 12:10:29 AM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

Another comment about this scenario, and some others. I understand it was designed to get right into the action, but having a full Soviet battalion appear within the first command cycle totally disregards any possible recon/counter-recon action before getting into a decisive engagement. A modest request for Southern Storm scenario development would be to have more time/space included for recon activities. Doctrinally the Soviets would lead with a combat recon patrol/platoon and then a company before the lead battalion. So just a thought.

The Reforged scenarios are a rework of the originals. As such they were pretty much set as to how they play.

New scenarios will look like those you got with the game originally and that we've added as free content as we've gone forward. Larger maps will also add more scenarios that play closer to what you are seeing in "Early Tuesday Morning".

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 22
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/5/2016 2:02:40 PM   
Lowlaner2012

Thanks guys, been waiting for this, ive been playing the steam and iron campaign to get my strategy fix in the meantime :-)

Post #: 23
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/14/2016 1:02:41 PM   
pzgndr

Bump.  Still curious if there are any changes in the next update regarding time to implement posture changes?

Regarding new scenarios looking like what we got originally, one of the reasons I made the comment I did was to encourage development of some scenarios that are more doctrinally accurate for 1980s Soviet movement to contact which would provide more time/space for recon/counter-recon activities and development of the situation.  Perhaps others with more savvy with this editor and time on their hands will consider doing this.  Just a modest request...

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 24
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/14/2016 3:18:23 PM   
CapnDarwin

Right now all the effort in the 11beta update has been focused on the bugs keeping folks from playing since the 10 update. As far as I know, I am not aware of a bug in this area. We did fix the instant dig in from hold and added a basic delay in changing out of a posture when an order is issued.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 25
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/15/2016 2:40:55 AM   
cbelva

Stimpak, When you redo a database I would rename the file so that it doesn't get overwritten in an update. I have done a few databases myself and have a unique name for each one I have done.

(in reply to Stimpak)
Post #: 26
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/15/2016 4:00:17 AM   
Stimpak

I've backed them up to a separate hard drive already. Thanks for the warning.

< Message edited by Stimpak -- 1/15/2016 5:00:26 AM >

(in reply to cbelva)
Post #: 27
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/16/2016 5:52:10 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

As far as I know, I am not aware of a bug in this area.

I'm not saying there is a bug. It's just that whatever change was made in 2.0.10 for "Posture Changes Take Time to Implement" seems a bit too much, especially for units in screen posture that should be ready to move. I have played some of the v2.0.11 beta and it's still annoying. All I'm saying is if this posture change delay parameter(s) could be reconsidered in v2.0.11 to be less sticky then that would be good.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 28
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/16/2016 7:38:04 PM   
CapnDarwin

I'll check with Rob and see if we can do something with it. I'm not familiar with that area of the code.

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 29
RE: Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to... - 1/17/2016 1:50:42 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

quote:

As far as I know, I am not aware of a bug in this area.

I'm not saying there is a bug. It's just that whatever change was made in 2.0.10 for "Posture Changes Take Time to Implement" seems a bit too much, especially for units in screen posture that should be ready to move. I have played some of the v2.0.11 beta and it's still annoying. All I'm saying is if this posture change delay parameter(s) could be reconsidered in v2.0.11 to be less sticky then that would be good.

Until we get a unit stance, and an ability to adjust just how much screen time you want, any changes we make now will just be moving the pendulum along the arc. No matter where we put it there will be someone that doesn't think it's in the right spot. This is in the top 5 priorities for the 2.1 features.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 1/17/2016 2:51:20 PM >

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm has been updated to Version 2.0.10! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI