scramble like mission

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

janblanc

scramble like mission

Post by janblanc »

I was wondering if, in the mission editor, would be possible to set up an AAW intercept mission based on a definite area instead of targets - something like putting fighters on "scramble" (or the "GAI" mission profile in soviet doctrine), with some AC ready to take off at an airbase, and when a target enter a certain area take off and attack only those targets.

I'm still kinda new to some serious command action, and could not do something like this so far.
thx, bst rgrds
skjold89

RE: scramble like mission

Post by skjold89 »

I've also wanted to setup pure intercept missions with Foxbats and Foxhounds, was not really able though. The closest i could get was to setup an AAW patrol to activate when an enemy enters a certain zone, which works fine but they then don't RTB after the engagements.

I honestly don't know, there might be a way through lua or somesuch.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

There is an intercept mission under strike missions. You would pair this with an exclusion zone to do this.

Set up the intercept mission to go after unfriendly or hostile targets. Define anything entering the exclusion zone to match.

Thanks
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Additionally I believe you can set a maximum radius for the Strike (intercept) mission, so they only scramble once the enemy hits a (for example) 150 mile radius. (just like in Top Gun ;) )
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )
NakedWeasel

Post by NakedWeasel »

I've done this by creating patrol missions, that are defined with patrol zones/prosecution zones, and activated/deactivated using the event editor. I hold most of my backfield in reserve, and use a small number of my frontline fighters to intercept. When a particular threshold is reached, such as a strategic asset being damaged/destroyed, the other AAW patrol ("Red Alert") goes active, and the entire air force leaps into action.
Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”