Hotfix 1.08.06 for public beta

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Joel Billings

Hotfix 1.08.06 for public beta

Post by Joel Billings »

Attached is a hotfix file for the public beta version. this is v1.08.06. You will need to unzip this into the main Gary Grigsby's War in the East folder. This requires that your DirectX9 be up to date. You can find DirectX9 update info here if you need it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

We hope to get an installer version of this update out sometime next week, but wanted to get this to you immediately as some players are waiting for the morale fix (bug fix 1 below) to continue their games. Here is the change list:

New features
1. Altered change #25 from previous patch, so that in order to prevent cargo loss during regular air
drops, the airbase must be located in a hex that was under friendly control at start of turn (any spent
Movement Points are ignored, since they are expended not only by moving, but also by using air
groups located in that base).
2. Altered change #35 from previous patch, so that stack points are used instead of number of men
(with the exception that corps combat units below 20 000 men are treated as divisional sized units),
and the formula affecting defender was changed to
ROUNDDOWN(MAX(1,SQRT(MIN(fl1,
mena/(3*menb)))),2) to kick in once the attacker will
outnumber defender (in stack points) by 3:1, instead of 1:1.
3. Partially reverted change #41 from previous patch, so that units in city terrain may be again
considered as being surrounded. City terrain will also no longer be considered dense terrain.
4. Reverted change #50 from previous patch, so that the number of firing elements will not be affected
by dense terrain, only CV.
5. Altered change #83 from previous patch, and decreased Soviet penalty to repairs after movement to
10(from 20 and 15).
6. Altered change #114 from previous patch, and reduced the chance to regain up to 10% of National
Morale, restricting it to a flat 10% chance (disconnected from morale), and only for units that are
within 10 MP of working rail net.
7. Made sure that the bonus for the AI to capture Brest Litovsk and Hanko in the early turns of 1941
scenarios is never applied to server games.

Bug fixes
1. Fixed a major bug where units above their national morale level had at least 10% chance (possibly
more) to revert to their national morale each turn.
2. Fixed a bug where more than one roll was used to determine weather, resulting in a higher
probability of dominant weather type occurring. Now precisely always one roll will be involved in
determining weather, and there will be a 25% chance that another randomly determined value will
be used when showing forecast.
3. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to send air groups to reserve from a sorted and/or filtered air
group list in the Commander’s Report window.
4. Fixed a bug where a unit could be destroyed twice in a single combat due to different reasons (lost
of elements, surrendered), resulting in that unit being rebuilt twice, granting one free unit to its
owner (if eligible for rebuilding).
Attachments
WarInTheEa..x1.08.06.zip
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 388 times
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
morvael

RE: Hotfix 1.08.06 for public beta

Post by morvael »

Thanks for this speedy publication of the hotfix. I hope it will behave well and no longer mess with people's games. Sorry for the bug in .05 [:(]
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

The program can't start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

Will the .06 show if we do this extraction correctly?

I thought I just did it but still see .05
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

The program can't start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem.

steam_api.dll should be distributed with 1.08.xx installer.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Will the .06 show if we do this extraction correctly?

I thought I just did it but still see .05

You still may see .05 on the top as it takes version from registry set by installer. You may check exe version on the bottom right of main menu.
Pavel Zagzin
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

You can find DirectX9 update info here if you need it: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109

Another way is to use web installer. It is more automated.

https://download.microsoft.com/download ... bsetup.exe
Pavel Zagzin
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

ORIGINAL: Helpless

steam_api.dll should be distributed with 1.08.xx installer.

Ok, I got it. Couldn't run the file outside the Wite folder.
BrianG

Post by BrianG »

You still may see .05 on the top as it takes version from registry set by installer. You may check exe version on the bottom right of main menu.

I see .o5 on the main screen.

I must not have extracted correctly _____________________________

Great I put my comment inside another's quote. lol
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

The game installed and will ran fine the 8.05 beta but when I try installing the hot fix it tells me there is an issue with my serial number. What is up with that?
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

I still have either 20th or 18th Panzer Division jump from 75 to 85 morale within a single turn without combat. Is this intended?

Attachments
18thPanzerGIF.gif
18thPanzerGIF.gif (280.05 KiB) Viewed 433 times
Sorta

Post by Sorta »

hot fix it tells me there is an issue with my serial number.

Getting the same error message . Did dirext x update first
karmad

Post by karmad »

ORIGINAL: Sorta

Make sure you are running with administrator privileges.

Right click on WarInTheEast.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Check "Run this program as administrator > Apply
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

ORIGINAL: karmad

ORIGINAL: Sorta

Make sure you are running with administrator privileges.

Right click on WarInTheEast.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Check "Run this program as administrator > Apply

I'm just stupid [:(] I thought the exe was a patch installer when it actually IS the game exe lol. I pasted the new exe into my WitE folder and amazingly the game runs fine [&o]
morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

The game installed and will ran fine the 8.05 beta but when I try installing the hot fix it tells me there is an issue with my serial number. What is up with that?

The game normally asks for administrative rights. Without it it says there is a problem with serial number. Change compatibility settings to require admin rights.
Maybe you applied the hotfix on Steam version?
morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar
I'm just stupid [:(] I thought the exe was a patch installer when it actually IS the game exe lol. I pasted the new exe into my WitE folder and amazingly the game runs fine [&o]

Yes, it's just the main game exe and it has to replace original file.
morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown

I still have either 20th or 18th Panzer Division jump from 75 to 85 morale within a single turn without combat. Is this intended?

Didn't happen to me in 10 turns, the division slowly got to 83. Some morale growth is allowed, because they are below NM, but this shouldn't be instant.
morvael

Post by morvael »

Basic morale increases give up to 5 morale, 10% growth in this case up to 9. So with all rolls passed growth of 14 is possible.
Manstein63

Post by Manstein63 »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Thanks for this speedy publication of the hotfix. I hope it will behave well and no longer mess with people's games. Sorry for the bug in .05 [:(]

Morvael,
Don't beat yourself up about it, as you have made a major improvement to the game with the .05 patch so concentrate on the positives.
Us gamers can be a strange bunch (no offence intended) we will bitch and moan if something isn't quite right, at least to our mind, but we do appreciate the people who take the time to correct problems that appear in games that we enjoy.

Joel,
Thank you for getting the hotfix out so quickly very much appreciated.

Manstein63
'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

ORIGINAL: morvael

Morvael,
Don't beat yourself up about it, as you have made a major improvement to the game with the .05 patch so concentrate on the positives.
Us gamers can be a strange bunch (no offence intended) we will bitch and moan if something isn't quite right, at least to our mind, but we do appreciate the people who take the time to correct problems that appear in games that we enjoy.

Joel,
Thank you for getting the hotfix out so quickly very much appreciated.

Manstein63

agree to both, many thanks, the continued development of WiTE is very much appreciated

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”