Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 2:49:04 PM   
cns180784

Hi i mentioned this in another thread but didnt get any proper answers. In the previous scenario i played which was Birmingham strikes you have 8 Tornado GR1's that all have ground search radars (which i think are FCRs but thats irrelevant to this thread) and i know that there are enemy ground targets at the city of Robertsport which need to be killed.

Up to now i had managed to recon ground targets with targeting pods or just visual recon cameras or FLIRs. I used a Tornado in Birmingham strikes and gave it a LGB bomb loadout which includes the TIALD 100 pod which consists of a 30nm range TV camera, FLIR camera and laser designator. Due to the weather in the scenario these laser guided bombs couldnt be used, but i had this one tornado given this loadout just to use the TIALD 100 pod for recon. Then i thought i'd try finding the contacts on the aircrafts' ground search radar and then have it fly at about 6,000 feet over those contacts to classify what they are with the TIALD pod (activated radar in sensors panel).
However no contacts came up and i know just from playing Falcon BMS and using the air to ground FCR on the F-16 (AN/APG-68) that they should appear on the FCR as dots (which appear brighter with more gain).

So if contacts dont appear in game with the A-G radars on aircraft, other than being able to target ground targets (with it being an FCR) how are they actually simulated? in one scenario i picked up radars on the ground (target acquisition radars for AAA) with RWR and not with their A-G radar.
Post #: 1
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 3:04:04 PM   
thewood1

Not sure how it should work, but not sure you should use another game as a reference to reality. Might also want to put a save up.

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 3:40:53 PM   
mikmykWS

Yes and Yes please.

Mike

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 5:53:02 PM   
cns180784

A radar with surface search capability is used to find contacts on land or sea which can then be investigated by visual means, with Mk1 eyeball if need be but obviously better would be to use a TV camera or in night conditions, a FLIR camera. Check it out for yourself load up any scenario, command an aircraft that has a radar with surface search ability, and have its radar switched on and pointing so its searching over an area where you know where there are enemy or even friendly ground forces like in the Birmingham strikes scenario.
I have discovered for myself that no contacts come up just from that Birmingham strikes scen, and that i had to go down to below the cloud layer (under 10,000 feet) and fly within a few miles to find them, using the TIALD 100 pod- so it seems to me like surface search radars on aircraft in command are pretty much useless.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 6:30:00 PM   
thewood1

So you aren't going to post a save, I take it.

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 6:37:16 PM   
Pergite!

The legacy radar on the Gr.1 should not be able to detect what you are looking for in the dense jungle/built up areas, so it's imo working as intended. Try to add a modern ISR bird with SAR and you will however get a clear picture of the ground situation.

As mentioned, a save would however be more helpful...

< Message edited by Pergite! -- 10/13/2015 7:39:30 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 7:18:37 PM   
thewood1

Yeah, I just did some research online and through Osprey and early GR1 TFR and GRM didn't seem to have the capability of picking out infantry or even small AFVs. That seems to have been added in the GR4.

Tried a Typhoon GR.4 in the same scenario and its surface radar picked up that some type of units were there without an ID from 30 miles out at 10k meters.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 10/13/2015 8:28:40 PM >

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 7:33:14 PM   
Pergite!

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Yeah, I just did some research online and through Osprey and early GR1 TFR and GRM didn't seem to have the capability of picking out infantry or even small AFVs. That seems to have been added in the GR4.

On another note, the more capable IR-recon suite on the Gr.1 stored its scan data on video tapes so that data would be availabe until it had been analysed back at base. The same is basically true for almost every recon equipped airframe even today. Making this realistic would probably need to be handcrafted for each scenario through some kind of extendet LUA scripting (mose likely in the sam way as one could handle the sub-coms "issue").

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 9:37:45 PM   
thewood1

Yeah, you could set up a recon side that switched sides when the plane came back to the airbase. I think the contacts are retained on the switch. Its actually not a complicated script and would be almost the same as the sub one.

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/13/2015 9:52:29 PM   
HaughtKarl

quote:

Tried a Typhoon GR.4 in the same scenario and its surface radar picked up that some type of units were there without an ID from 30 miles out at 10k meters.

Pretty much this. I recall someone asking the same thing about this particular mission several months ago (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3804903&mpage=1&key=�). It looks like the Tornado lacks the ability to pick out mobile ground targets with its radar unlike something like the Super Hornet (thank you Jane's F18) that has ground moving target mode for the pilot pick up mobile targets. You still have to get below the clouds to ID them but the radar alone tells you something is down there moving. I figured a dedicated ground attack aircraft like the Tornado would have that ability to pick up mobile targets by default.

Looking through the database neither the Tornado nor the F-111 can spot mobile targets with its radar but the A-6 Intruder can. I took a peek at the old Digital Integration Tornado manual which I know is far from a defnitive source for CMANO but the manual says it can find
targets of opportunity like vehicles and trains with the radar.

< Message edited by HaughtKarl -- 10/13/2015 11:22:27 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 10
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/14/2015 4:45:47 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: cns180784
A radar with surface search capability is used to find contacts on land or sea which can then be investigated by visual means, with Mk1 eyeball if need be but obviously better would be to use a TV camera or in night conditions, a FLIR camera. Check it out for yourself load up any scenario, command an aircraft that has a radar with surface search ability, and have its radar switched on and pointing so its searching over an area where you know where there are enemy or even friendly ground forces like in the Birmingham strikes scenario.

Surface search != land search. Different, discrete abilities. Many older radars had no problem detecting ships at sea but could not pick out any ground targets at all. The clutter is orders of magnitude higher, the challenges are different, the signal processing and technological level necessary are different. (This is why e.g. J-STARS was a game-changer back in Desert Storm). Please read a book.

Not only we are modeling the ability of modern land search-capable radars to pick out mobile targets, we also take into account target movement (e.g. the faster a vehicle moves, the easier it is to pick out of the clutter) and sensor frequencies (higher frequency provides a sharper return and thus makes detection easier; this is part of why many modern ATGMs use MMW seekers).

quote:

I have discovered for myself that no contacts come up just from that Birmingham strikes scen, and that i had to go down to below the cloud layer (under 10,000 feet) and fly within a few miles to find them, using the TIALD 100 pod- so it seems to me like surface search radars on aircraft in command are pretty much useless.

It seems to me like someone is too quick to blame Command instead of understanding how things work.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/14/2015 5:57:26 AM >

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 11
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/14/2015 2:45:56 PM   
cns180784

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn
Surface search != land search. Different, discrete abilities. Many older radars had no problem detecting ships at sea but could not pick out any ground targets at all. The clutter is orders of magnitude higher, the challenges are different, the signal processing and technological level necessary are different. (This is why e.g. J-STARS was a game-changer back in Desert Storm). Please read a book.

Not only we are modeling the ability of modern land search-capable radars to pick out mobile targets, we also take into account target movement (e.g. the faster a vehicle moves, the easier it is to pick out of the clutter) and sensor frequencies (higher frequency provides a sharper return and thus makes detection easier; this is part of why many modern ATGMs use MMW seekers).

It seems to me like someone is too quick to blame Command instead of understanding how things work.

Ok this and what some others have said has given me food for thought. If you're referring to the GR1's radar not being able to pick out ground moving targets then fair enough, but only some of the ground targets in the birmingham strikes scenario are actually moving- some which include two shilka platoons, an artillery battery of 105mm light guns and a battery of ssc-3 SSM launchers are stationary, as well as three inf companies.

If the GR1's radar doesnt have GMT capability then in the DB where it has abilities it shouldnt be able to provide speed information, but it clearly says it does in the DB entry.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/14/2015 3:49:36 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 12
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/14/2015 2:52:14 PM   
Dimitris

It provides speed information for the targets that it is able to detect, ie. surface targets ie. ships.

To make this clearer, take a look at a bonafide land search-capable unit, the E-8A JSTARS: http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/DataAircraft?ID=590

Do you see the APY-3 stats? "Surface Search, Land Search - Fixed Facility, Land Search - Mobile Unit".

Making sense now?

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 13
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/14/2015 5:23:37 PM   
Pergite!

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sunburn

Ok this and what some others have said has given me food for thought. If you're referring to the GR1's radar not being able to pick out ground moving targets then fair enough, but only some of the ground targets in the birmingham strikes scenario are actually moving- some which include two shilka platoons, an artillery battery of 105mm light guns and a battery of ssc-3 SSM launchers are stationary, as well as three inf companies.

If the GR1's radar doesnt have GMT capability then in the DB where it has abilities it shouldnt be able to provide speed information, but it clearly says it does in the DB entry.

As stated above, moving targets are easier to detect than stationary ones when dealing with ground clutter, not the opposite. You (and several other on this forum) should, as recommended above, pick up some books and read them before trying to argue that something is wrong with this simulation. Basing your understanding on how complex sensors and weapons "should" function solely from experience in video games is not particularly productive if you are trying to argue for a certain cause.

This picture is taken from an APG-76 radar with GMTI and SAR capability. The moving targets create a doppler-shift which in turn can be used to single out for example moving vehicles, presented as bright white spots. The SAR capability in turn creates the image of the surrounding terrain. Pictured are a convoy moving over a bridge at 37.8 NMI range and with 18 metre resolution. The GMT functionality has nothing to do with meassuring the speed of a target, its a way to distinguish them from the background. This radar was state of the art in the late 90´s.
This is NOT what the Gr.1 was able to produce.

The second picture is from an AN/APQ-169 radar, fitted in the F-111 for the attack role. The radar reached operational service in the middle 80´s and should be representative of what kind of information you would expect from the Gr.1. Its usable over water and otherwise flat terrain, but in the stated scenario its not much help.

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 14
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/14/2015 7:34:40 PM   
cns180784

I see interesting, thanks.

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 15
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 1:16:15 AM   
HaughtKarl

Well exc-u-u-u-se me mister man! I regret to inform you that not everyone here is a crusty grognard who dedicates countless hours isolated from the rest humanity to pours over tomes packed page to page with technical minutia that only a grumpy wargamer would find interesting. I'm a filthy casual player who has a passing interest in things military related and my knowledge base stems from playing those "video games" made by the greats like Microprose, Spectrum Holobyte, Dynamix, Jane's and others, who made deep but fun simulations tailored for civilian consumption. I wouldn't call it fair to label those as simple video games, especially later titles that became more and more complex as PCs became more powerful. Have you seen the manual to Falcon 4.0? Calling that a video game is akin to referring to CMANO as just another real time strategy game like Starcraft.

If Warfaresims doesn't want uneducated plebs playing their games *ahem* sims, then maybe they should pull CMNAO off of Steam and market it solely to industry insiders with TOP SECRET clearances and sell it for $7,999.

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 16
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 1:50:26 AM   
thewood1

i think if you re-read the original post...you'll see he didn't start out with very good attitude.

There are a lot of ways to ask a question without sounding like a dink. A number of people have gotten so used to behaving very badly on other forums, they are shocked when called out for not showing a little respect. They're either trying to hide that they don't know what they are talking about or just trolling.

This is a very difficult simulation to learn and coming in trying sound like you know more than the devs right off the bat isn't very smart. Especially if your only point of reference is a game that doesn't even simulate the avionics you're talking about. Its been mentioned before...read the manual, read the FAQ, use search, try something in-game, watch the tutotials, etc. If you come in and ask questions and don't make effort to teach yourself and learn...you'll get some pushback. Especially if you get caught lying about it.

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 17
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 1:53:57 AM   
thewood1

btw, falcon does a good job simulating the F-16. But the avionics on many other planes are fairly simplistic or just plain wrong from having to be shoehorned into the F-16 model.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 18
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 5:00:24 AM   
Pergite!

quote:

ORIGINAL: HaughtKarl

Well exc-u-u-u-se me mister man! I regret to inform you that not everyone here is a crusty grognard who dedicates countless hours isolated from the rest humanity to pours over tomes packed page to page with technical minutia that only a grumpy wargamer would find interesting. I'm a filthy casual player who has a passing interest in things military related and my knowledge base stems from playing those "video games" made by the greats like Microprose, Spectrum Holobyte, Dynamix, Jane's and others, who made deep but fun simulations tailored for civilian consumption. I wouldn't call it fair to label those as simple video games, especially later titles that became more and more complex as PCs became more powerful. Have you seen the manual to Falcon 4.0? Calling that a video game is akin to referring to CMANO as just another real time strategy game like Starcraft.

If Warfaresims doesn't want uneducated plebs playing their games *ahem* sims, then maybe they should pull CMNAO off of Steam and market it solely to industry insiders with TOP SECRET clearances and sell it for $7,999.

I am also a casual player. I have not plowed through tomes of anything, but still been able to pick up the basics over the years, by profession and general intrest. I started out in Gunship on the C64 and encountered Falcon for the first time on the Atari ST, and am well versed in the versions from that up to and including BMS. A general intrest have given me the understanding and a common sense that it's often ill advisable to come into a forum and blast a game for innacuracies based solely on how another game handles things, instead of basing your arguments and statements on IRL facts. A more humble approach is often better if you expect anykind of constructive help. It's exactly the same way over at the DCS forum, where people with pure gaming experience try to argue against posts made by people with actual experience with particular aircrafts. My recommendation stands, at least read up on a subject before one with negative in constructive posts try to slam someone for making a faulty sim. Where instead it's ones own understanding that is lacking.

If my approach of sharing information and advice however is threatening or elitist then I will certainly stop. I enjoy Command enough on its own, with no need to contribute to the community.

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 19
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 5:16:33 AM   
Dimitris

Alright, first of all everyone take a breath.

HaughtKarl: Nobody disrespects the great sim titles that you refer to. In fact the CMANO devs cut their teeth on most of them (and going back in time, all the way to F-15SE and F-19) and they provided a great deal of inspiration for what we have been doing with Command (the emphasis on air-ops is far from coincidental).

That said, it is true that impressions obtained from any of these sim titles must be carefully cross-referenced with real-world information before they are considered as "fact" and then used to question the validity of another sim product. Quick example: Flanker 1.x (yeah I was one of the "stutterites"...), an incredibly realistic sim for its time, would have you believe that the baseline Su-27S/SK has a radar capable of producing a crisp top-down view of targets in A-G mode. Let me save you the suspense: Not even close.

This, in itself, is a minor and easily forgivable error. We quite regularly have questions similar to this. In this case however, the OP compounded it with 2 big no-nos:

1) Failing to provide a save file even though it was repeatedly requested from him (in fact it's one of our key guidelines for effective support), thus wasting everyone's time. Save files speak a million words.

2) Assuming by default that there is a problem with the game and making a grand sweeping statement instead of considering the possibility that his information/understanding on the subject is flawed ("so it seems to me like surface search radars on aircraft in command are pretty much useless"). If you don't understand why this is a serious transgression, wait until you're a father and someone bullies your kid in front of you.

And still after these serious mistakes a number of community members still devoted time to patiently explain to him why his impression was wrong.

So, this has nothing to do with elitism. It's about polite, respectful, open-minded attitude, and helping others help you.

Thank you for your understanding.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/15/2015 6:19:51 AM >

(in reply to HaughtKarl)
Post #: 20
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 2:37:20 PM   
cns180784

Ok i'm going to explain why i came across as disrespectful, though i had no intentions of being so. If you read through my original post at the top you can see that theres' no disrespect at all, and its just asking a simple question: how are the A-G radars simulated. Then the first response i got was:

quote:

Not sure how it should work, but not sure you should use another game as a reference to reality. Might also want to put a save up.

When i saw this, not sure how it should work, i just thought what? isnt it obvious? and at that point i thought this guy didnt have a clue about how sensors work. But since that post, he and others went on to explain that the GR1's radar cant pick up or have difficulty in picking up ground targets in dense areas, and i can clearly see why with the above image that Pergite! supplied (the bottom of the two, the AN/APQ-169). Comparing that to what i see with the AN/APG-68 A-G FCR in the F-16, well there's no comparison, the F-16's radar is much clearer.
So that explains why thewood1 wasnt sure how the radar worked....and hope you understand that i was frustrated by that response as i didnt know what you meant exactly by what you said, so apologies for saying radars in command are useless.

One more thing to note, this is a game, it shouldnt be taken over seriously to the point where when i load up a scenario i have to do external research to fully work out how a particular sensor(s) or weapon(s) works before deciding on my strategy. I'm sure there are others (not just me) who would have appreciated there being more info in the DB entry for the GR1's surface search radar not being able to detect contacts in a dense environment. Just something for you folks to consider regarding the DB and what info is noted there for a particular sensor.

Thanks all for your help and for clearing this up.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 21
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 3:12:09 PM   
thewood1

But I think you are missing the point that has been stated in a bunch of posts...including this one.

There are some games like this that are sandboxes. so much effort goes into putting the infrastructure of the game that a concession has been that assumes a player is going to try to educate themselves a little. This game is not a complete tutorial on air and naval warfare. An expectation is there that the devs are deving as much as possible and users will try to learn as with the resources that are available. And most of those are external to the game. There are some great resources available, including google.

As to saves...not putting one up is the same as saying your time is more valuable other's. Even a simple scenario like yours requires trying to guess exactly what are doing and spending time launching aircraft, looking at all sides oob, etc. Much of that can be cut through by simply posting a save right when the issue happens.

The devs have been pretty clear even in your own posts that saves save them time. Willfully disregarding that is a sign of complete disrespect for other people's time.

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 22
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 3:59:02 PM   
cns180784

Understood then i'll be sure to include saves with any issues in future, thanks.

I do wonder why it seems some radars/ESMS/RWRs seem to be better than others. For example in the Annaba Constant scen, the frigate Le Brestois has an ELINT sensor (cant remember the name) and it was able to classify contacts numerous times that varied between something like 5 and up to 20nm away. The ELINT sensor on the destroyer didnt pick up as much as Le Brestois. It is interesting, and that interest prompts me to look them up do a bit of research, especially now what i know all sensors have their differences in being able to detect contacts based on their age and technology.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 23
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 4:15:00 PM   
Tomcat84

quote:

Comparing that to what i see with the AN/APG-68 A-G FCR in the F-16, well there's no comparison, the F-16's radar is much clearer.

In addition to what has already been said one more note: don't assume that everything Falcon BMS does is accurate. It's a great sim that gets lots of things right but it also gets plenty of things wrong.

My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 24
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 4:50:03 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

I do wonder why it seems some radars/ESMS/RWRs seem to be better than others. For example in the Annaba Constant scen, the frigate Le Brestois has an ELINT sensor (cant remember the name) and it was able to classify contacts numerous times that varied between something like 5 and up to 20nm away. The ELINT sensor on the destroyer didnt pick up as much as Le Brestois. It is interesting, and that interest prompts me to look them up do a bit of research, especially now what i know all sensors have their differences in being able to detect contacts based on their age and technology.

Like every other electronic device, more modern generally means better. The receiver hardware itself gets more sensitive, the signal processing gets light years faster and more comprehensive, threat libraries are updated etc.

There are also other factors that may influence detection ranges. For example even a fantastic super-modern ESM will be limited by the horizon (unless it is OTH-capable).

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 25
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 4:54:27 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

Comparing that to what i see with the AN/APG-68 A-G FCR in the F-16, well there's no comparison, the F-16's radar is much clearer.

Tomcat84 will probably correct me, but what I have seen in F4-BMS reminds me more of a late-90s/early-2000s standard as far as AG-mapping is concerned.

IIRC the BMS devs themselves had stated that the cockpit & avionics modelling is a mish-mash of different F-16C blocks (the LANTIRN stuff of Blk40/42, the HARM/HTS ability of Blk50/52 etc.). I don't know if they intend to switch to the common CCIP standard that the USAF is slowly converting to (might be worth asking them that, in fact).

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/15/2015 5:56:39 PM >

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 26
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 4:58:24 PM   
cns180784

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomcat84

quote:

In addition to what has already been said one more note: don't assume that everything Falcon BMS does is accurate. It's a great sim that gets lots of things right but it also gets plenty of things wrong.

Right, and i wont assume Command gets everything right too. But i'll still enjoy both sims....

(in reply to Tomcat84)
Post #: 27
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 5:04:20 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

Right, and i wont assume Command gets everything right too.

Oh absolutely. We know it doesn't, and we're always open to corrections and refinements to our models and data.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/15/2015 6:08:37 PM >

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 28
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 5:13:33 PM   
cns180784

The main thing is we enjoy what sim we play and that it is as realistic as humanely possible in accordance with what real world data is available to the devs. I paid for Command mainly because of Baloogans' videos and finding out that it is a simulator and not a command and conquer type click fest. I also bought it as it was different in that it simulates air and naval combat in which you command your forces, done in real time. If command hadnt existed i would have probably bought command ops by panther games which i see as the ground based equivalent of CMANO.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 29
RE: Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? - 10/15/2015 11:20:51 PM   
HaughtKarl

I overreacted and my response too abrasive. Sorry about that.

It is a good community and CMANO is a fantastic sim and I always recommend it when others ask about it on other gaming forums I frequent. The level of detail that the team has modeled in this sim is mind blowing and when something doesn't go as planned it can usually be pinned down to player error/ignorance. I had no idea the F-111 received an upgrade to allow its radar to see ground mobile targets and quite frankly, I have no idea how anyone could find something like that out through just using Google.

(in reply to cns180784)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> Aircrafts' A-G fire control radar, correctly modeled? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI