Idea: Standalone DB Viewer

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

AlGrant

Idea: Standalone DB Viewer

Post by AlGrant »

I've used sites like the Russian Ships Info site, recently mentioned in another thread and they have a downloadable 'offline' viewer (which I've not used) and it's a great source for info like ship names/hull numbers etc.

What I'd find really useful is a standalone C:MANO database viewer so I can browse the in game units.
The Russian Ships site has details of modernisations and changes to weapons/sensors etc but I actually find the C:MANO DB easier to read, especially if looking for details in a particular time period.
And of course the C:MANO DB is more useful for in game units.

Not having a clue about coding it's something I couldn't even begin to try .... however the DB info does seem to be in easily accessible/readable formats so I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

At the moment I need to open the game & open up a scenario or saved game before I can get to view the Database.

Anyway .... just an idea, any thoughts?

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
mikmykWS

RE: Idea: Standalone DB Viewer

Post by mikmykWS »

Baloogan has done this already.

http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Main_Page

Thanks

Mike
AlGrant

Post by AlGrant »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Thanks
Mike

Hi,
I've seen & used Baloogan's site many times and it's a VERY, VERY good C:MANO resource.
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of an offline viewer that reads directly from the locally installed game database.

Also does Baloogan's online database reflect the latest in game database ? At present the note at the bottom of the page says This page was last modified 20:21, 13 May 2014 so not clear if it matches that of the latest released version.

Al

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

ORIGINAL: AlGrant
ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Thanks
Mike

Hi,
I've seen & used Baloogan's site many times and it's a VERY, VERY good C:MANO resource.
I guess I was thinking more along the lines of an offline viewer that reads directly from the locally installed game database.

Also does Baloogan's online database reflect the latest in game database ? At present the note at the bottom of the page says This page was last modified 20:21, 13 May 2014 so not clear if it matches that of the latest released version.

Al

Hey Al,
The online database reflects CWDB CWDB_432.db3 & DB3000 DB3K_433.db3, a bit behind what Command is at currently. Sometime after NI is released I'll update, it takes a bit of work to update and I have to be careful about it as my hosting will sometimes angrily email me about how I'm using 70% of the database server's processing time [:D]

The last modified time at the bottom of the main page was the last time the main page's layout was changed.

Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
HalfLifeExpert

Post by HalfLifeExpert »

yes, the 'last modified' refers to that specific page, not the entire wiki.
AlGrant

Post by AlGrant »

ORIGINAL: Baloogan
Hey Al,
The online database reflects CWDB CWDB_432.db3 & DB3000 DB3K_433.db3, a bit behind what Command is at currently. Sometime after NI is released I'll update, it takes a bit of work to update and I have to be careful about it as my hosting will sometimes angrily email me about how I'm using 70% of the database server's processing time [:D]

The last modified time at the bottom of the main page was the last time the main page's layout was changed.
Hi,

Thanks for the info on the database, I'm sure it takes huge amounts of time and effort to keep your site up and running and I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates it (especially the tutorial videos!). I seem to find something new almost every time I visit [8D]

I can live without an offline 'installed' C:MANO database viewer .... but I'd still kinda like one [:D]

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.
bcbarnesRR

Post by bcbarnesRR »

It's been a few years, but I'd like to bump this idea - especially when I've spent a lot of effort adding my own images and would like to see those reflected in an offline viewer just as they are shown in the game. Obviously, the web based viewers can't do that.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

There was a recent posting which gave some information about how to use SQL.
Perhaps some utility can be written with this format.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”