US CP for Philippines Resource to China

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Admiral Delabroglio

US CP for Philippines Resource to China

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Euler, this is frustrating !

I've been spending half an hour to try and organize the French / CW resource shipping. One stupid resource was always idle when it shouldn't be.
I finally found that the lend leased Philippines resouce to China used a CW convoy and would not use the US one (I checked the rules, it should be able to). Hence, the French Indochina resource was idle.
Is there any way to force specific resources to use specific nationality convoy points ?
Failing that, is there a way to add 1 or 2 CW or French convoy points here and there so that the resources get shipped to the factories ?
Or give us a limited debug tool that enables to add build points or oil points when for some reason, stupid morons like me can't get the right resource to the right place.

Even worse, I've just noticed that I forgot to LL US oil to the CW to stockpile in Canada. I'm getting tired at the very idea of playing the turn from the beginning on - assuming that I have an old enough save.

Note : the default three resourdfes that teh CW sent to France were Canadian and British ones. Would it be possible to pick by default resources for which the CP requirement would be less such as the Cyprus or an Indian one ?

Best regards
Admiral Delabroglio
Centuur

RE: US CP for Philippines Resource to China

Post by Centuur »

I would like to see a gamesave for this one.
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I've found you either live with the program's choices and things aren't perfect, or if you want to optimize (since most gamers are optimizers) then this is the process that works for me:

1. set up every single resource to factory as an Override (this may include using the Route setting to specify which sea zones the resource will go through)
2. then one-by-one, change each one to be a Default, keeping the exact same setting as the Override, then do a Compute
3. hopefully you'll only have to do this occasionally, but the greatest risk to have to change things is with the CW, due to sub warfare mucking you up and then the turn ending, but if that happens you can set overrides for one turn, clear them the next turn, and your defaults should kick back in.
4. to permanently make a change, see 1 and 2 above

For this particular problem with CP "kidnapping", it may be a bug, but try setting the resource to idle as a override, do a CW Compute and then do all the US as described, and then use the Global Map to see which CPs in the sea zones are free.

You may only have to use the process I describe for all the resources for the CW and Japan and just override and default the overseas stuff for the USA. The other countries with overland routing don't require so much oversight.

Have you watched the Production Tutorial video?

...and yeah, I can try my process on your game save if you post it and see if I can get it to work as you desire.
Paul
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: Centuur

I would like to see a gamesave for this one.
I don't have a saved game for this but I've experienced this exact same frustration and finally gave up by allowing the French CP to transport the USA Philippine resource to China while the USA CP remained idled. I do consider myself fairly advance at setting up and maintaining convoy routes the way that I want them but this was once that beat me.

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I've found you either live with the program's choices and things aren't perfect, or if you want to optimize (since most gamers are optimizers) then this is the process that works for me:
I agree. >95% of the time I get the routes the way that I want them. The remaining <5%, I just live with what the program does and optimize the rest.
Ronnie
Admiral Delabroglio

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Thanks for the replies

Apparently, I must have been doing something wrong, such as reclick on "override". After a couple more tries, it seems to be working.
At some point, the production planning screen showed the US CP in South China sea to be idle. Now, it is being used.
If I get too angry with the CP management, I will just edit the map, put resources in GB and set them to Idle if the corresponding CP chain isn't there.
Ugly and lazy, but it will work

I have been playing Chris Marinacci's version for years and got used to more or less managing to get the job done, and if the computer reaaly would give me a hard time, just manually add the missing resource or BP.

Best regards
Admiral Delabroglio

Return to “World in Flames”