Why is RudiTheGerman an invalid NetPlay Forum name

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

RudiTheGerman

Why is RudiTheGerman an invalid NetPlay Forum name

Post by RudiTheGerman »

I registered today on netplay privatforum with my Username -> RudiTheGerman. Unfortunately the Seeking post and new post sections tell me:
World in Flames NetPlay PrivatForum active.
User Name invalid: <4 or 21+ Symbol (e.g. blank). Unable to Access Seeking Opponent database.

As the Name can not be changed afterwards, what is the procedure to delete and Setup the user again?

P.s.: It would be nice if the box "Replies to Seeking Opponent" would allow to copy from ot.
RudiTheGerman

RE: Why is RudiTheGerman an invalid NetPlay Forum name

Post by RudiTheGerman »

Going forward my friend tolek85 was able to start a game and I could connect to it.
We could Chat.
I did the Russian setup and finished it

On my map I could see all russian Units as I placed them, tolek85 only sees the planes, and one ship in Leningrad. He sees also 3 factory marker in Leningrad which I do not see. I placed 9 ships there.

After I finished the russian Setup and clicked OK in the box to confirm that I am really done, I see that the German Setup commences. The Problem is that Tolek85 still sees that I am in the Russian Setup.

Please find a save file from the completed russian Scenario attached. I try to get the other side as well
Attachments
NetPlay_US..etupDone.zip
(1.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: RudiTheGerman

I registered today on netplay privatforum with my Username -> RudiTheGerman. Unfortunately the Seeking post and new post sections tell me:
World in Flames NetPlay PrivatForum active.
User Name invalid: <4 or 21+ Symbol (e.g. blank). Unable to Access Seeking Opponent database.

As the Name can not be changed afterwards, what is the procedure to delete and Setup the user again?

P.s.: It would be nice if the box "Replies to Seeking Opponent" would allow to copy from ot.
My best guess is that there is a special character in the name? Perhaps over the 'u'.

Other than that I have no idea what is wrong with the name RudiTheGerman. You were careful not to include any blanks - right?
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

I am gearing up for a new public beta early next week.

The problems you described with NetPlay I believe have been fixed in that pending version (2.0.2.0).
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
RudiTheGerman

Post by RudiTheGerman »

I am happy to hear that this bug might be fixed in the next version,
what however annoys me and probably every software professional, how can you not implement a field validation, if the content of a variable has some constraints. (I guess database of protocol restrictions)
The regular expression for this would be fairly easy

Return to “Tech Support”