Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fog of War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> Fog of War Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fog of War - 9/25/2015 12:18:42 AM   
Deathtreader

Hi,

A small suggestion... this could be enhanced by not allowing a player to access all of the opponents units on the unit sub-inspector until that unit type has been positively identified by at least 1 player unit on the battlefield. Doesn't matter what type of unit identifies the enemy equipment. As it stands, I can go into the sub-inspector and see exactly what my enemy has in the type (but not quantity) of equipment etc. before I even see his units on the map. Naturally, at game end everything becomes viewable as it does now.

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)
Post #: 1
RE: Fog of War - 9/25/2015 1:26:12 PM   
CapnDarwin

Cool idea. I will add this to the list for 2.1 consideration.

Work on Southern Storm continues! We are a bit behind where we want to be, but hang in there.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 2
RE: Fog of War - 11/19/2015 10:48:50 PM   
Deathtreader

Hi,

Is the Reported Kills and Claims tab subject to the Fog of War where the enemy count is concerned??

If not, it might be a nice addition to the next iteration. I really shouldn't see a 100% accurate count of destroyed/disabled enemies until game's end.

Rob,

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Fog of War - 9/30/2018 10:09:24 PM   
Deathtreader

Hi,

Short thread brought back to life with 2 ideas for SS that would be nice IMO.

Rob.

Post #: 4
RE: Fog of War - 10/4/2018 6:51:59 PM   
IronMikeGolf

Re: subunit display - generally speaking, nations (the ones in the game) know the force structure and equipment list of their opponents. Tactical intel folks (Div and lower echelons) have a good idea of what units are operating in their sector and how they operate.

My mind goes in the direction of the enemy OB briefed is not what the player encounters. This could be from a mis-identified enemy unit (as provided by higher HQ in the enemy situation) of the unexpected appearance (surprise!) of a unit not seen in sector up to this point.

It's not really a matter of "Oh, we thought they had T72s, not T80s. Sorry about that." But, which Bde of an OMG moves into your sector? Yes, that could be a situation where what you meet is not what you were told to expect. Another that could reasonably happen is an airborne or air assault that caught one nation by surprise.

Obviously, this kind of feature is not trivial to add if we go the path of this level of situational fidelity. In a real command post, the intel types have a list they update of expected enemy units, confirmed enemy units, and reported kills on those units. That might be a cool thing to have in the game.

Jeff
Sua Sponte

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Requested Features and Ideas >> Fog of War Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI