Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitE 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: WitE 2 Page: <<   < prev  46 47 48 49 [50]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitE 2 - 4/29/2018 11:35:40 AM   
Red Lancer

That is not a decision in my gift but I very much doubt it given the scale of the game (unit size and turn time), the additional data required to set suitable crossing points, the risk of adding more bugs and the ability to teach the AI the rules too. What you ask sounds simple but would be a huge challenge to add.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to mktours)
Post #: 1471
RE: WitE 2 - 4/29/2018 11:46:43 AM   
MagicMissile

Thanks a lot for the update. Understand of course that you are busy. Good luck! Looking forward too it and any information you want to share with us.

/MM

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 1472
RE: WitE 2 - 4/29/2018 12:21:28 PM   
mktours

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

That is not a decision in my gift but I very much doubt it given the scale of the game (unit size and turn time), the additional data required to set suitable crossing points, the risk of adding more bugs and the ability to teach the AI the rules too. What you ask sounds simple but would be a huge challenge to add.

Thanks for the reply! That will be a big pity if the 2.0 could not address the crossing big river issue, as a strategy war game, securing the big river crossing sites is a critical factor to be considered by the players. In history, when Germany troops retreated to the back of Dnepr River in 1943, they had to go for 4-5 crossing site, while in Wite 1.0, they could cross it at any hex? How could this be possible? It is simply no realistic.

In 1.0, a Panzer D could cross a big river at any place, and only cost 6Mp, that is 1/8 of 1 week, less than 1 day, how could this be possible? That ruins the entire strategy thinking. In WW2, big river crossing matters hugely in war. It should not be a tiny issue.

In the map you posted in post 1446, we could see that at Orsha, there is a rail road crossing, which could be assigned a 10 point bridge facility, at other sites, there are some minus road crossing, which could be assigned as a ferry crossing, could be used as a no so efficient crossing, but still possible for Panzer D to cross ( at a higher Mp cost than crossing through a bridge), at other places, it should not be possible for tanks to cross, that is what reality is and what history is.

It is the same as crossing a mountain, if the game already could assign mountain Pass rules, it could design big river crossing site rules, just like Tigers could not pass the mountain hex except for through mountain Pass, they should not cross the big river except for through river crossing sites.

< Message edited by mktours -- 4/29/2018 12:49:40 PM >

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 1473
RE: WitE 2 - 4/29/2018 1:24:53 PM   
beender

I too read something about five crossings on the Dnieper in Manstein's memoirs. I agree that it appears treating the crossing in a similar way to mountain pass is feasible, technically?

(in reply to mktours)
Post #: 1474
RE: WitE 2 - 5/10/2018 1:19:18 AM   
Michael T

I really like the sound of the new Victory Conditions, especially the sudden death aspects. Some old timers/vets may recall the forum battles I fought to get sudden death in to the game.
A fight worth fighting it appears.

I am curious about two other aspects. Not wanting to debate old issues again, just curious about what to expect.

1. My old whipping horse, zocs. Any fundamental changes from the existing status in WITE? By that I mean a single regiment in a hex has the same zoc effect on enemy movement as a hex with 3 Divisions.

2. Routing? Is it essentially the same? That is the teleporting aspect.

Am I still on your beta list John?

< Message edited by Michael T -- 5/10/2018 1:49:22 AM >

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to beender)
Post #: 1475
RE: WitE 2 - 5/10/2018 12:11:12 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

I like your old AARs, it would be very interesting to see what you can squeeze out of WitE 2 logistics!

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 1476
RE: WitE 2 - 5/10/2018 9:09:42 PM   
Michael T

Did you ever try out DC3 Barbarossa? Plenty of juice in that games logistics as well. I have a few AAR's in that folder too. I recall capturing Gorki in 1941 in one AAR v my old mate Flavius.

WITE 2.0 will be a lot of fun I suspect.

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 1477
RE: WitE 2 - 5/11/2018 8:47:31 AM   
EwaldvonKleist

I have it and had a few looks on it but you cannot playing two complex games at the same time is too much. Will probably try it if I ever burn out with WitE.
But I have read your DC:B aars as well.

The chances are very good that the WitE 2 logistical system will be plausible, the WitE 1 system does an okish job overall but its design is a bit weird.

(in reply to Michael T)
Post #: 1478
Page:   <<   < prev  46 47 48 49 [50]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: WitE 2 Page: <<   < prev  46 47 48 49 [50]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI