Question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

DOCUP

Question

Post by DOCUP »

For the life of me I can't remember the answer. Will an amphib TF unload if it is following a Surface TF? I am 5 hexs out and have my ampib TFs following a STF.

Thanks

zuluhour

RE: Question

Post by zuluhour »

YIKES! Id hate to be wrong[:D]
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

I think it will unload so long as the destination of the amphib TF is correct and it has orders to unload.

**I am not responsible**

It is a little ambiguous as it says it's destination, the SAG or the ambhib. destination?
I usually have the BB or SAG follow the amphib which follows the mine sweepers and maybe ASW.
koniu

Post by koniu »

The unload but after day air phase
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

If the surface TF leaves for any reason, they will continue to follow it.

There really is no reason to have an Amph follow a TF when you are that close. The SURF will move faster than the AMPH (or you should have it set up to be faster). So it will go in and clean out any other combat ship first, before the AMPH gets there to unload.

If the SURF is slow, then just change the speed to Full to make sure it gets there first. One turn of Full speed is not going to hurt it much.

You do have the SURF set to Bombard right? A Bombard will still fight enemy ships first, then bomb. As long as they have enough ammo anyway [:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”