Any Good video tutorials?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

PS Pita

Any Good video tutorials?

Post by PS Pita »

I was wondering if there is a good "let's play" "twitch TV" or just plain video tutorial for this game.
I know everyone suggests learning by the AARs but really these not only drag on but moreover whoever is playing against whoever is very vague about what they are actually doing if they reveal anything at all, most of what is mentioned about how they made progress is once in a while cryptic parenthetical mention of what they did or a generalization or acronym is thrown out in passing.

As for reading the book yeah of course I will be doing that as well. But that does not help in the step by step process of playing out a real game. What's more unless you are actually in game its often hard to understand what exactly is being said or rather how to us the information once you play.
Bullwinkle58

RE: Any Good video tutorials?

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

One of my PBEM games has been going on for about two real-time years. It would be a long video.
The Moose
PS Pita

Post by PS Pita »

I see but maybe not a game as much as setup and playing through a scenario.
GetAssista

Post by GetAssista »

Have you seen the AAR for newbies yet? tm.asp?m=2564541
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

You really need to read a few AARs to see how it all works.

The boot up a game as the allies v the AI, quit after about three weeks

Boot up another one, quit it after about three months

Boot up another one, quit it after about two years and take on a human.

(that was my route anyway!)
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: PS Pita
I was wondering if there is a good "let's play" "twitch TV" or just plain video tutorial for this game.

I did some video's a while back, which while low quality do give some direction.

http://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/Home

I keep on promising to redo them in a better format and upload them to youtube ... just need the impetus to sit down and get it done.

Forum link is in the middle of the main page

tm.asp?m=2353946

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (42.19 KiB) Viewed 122 times

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”