[FIXED B737] Out of Memory?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Ocel0t

[FIXED B737] Out of Memory?

Post by Ocel0t »

So my game crashed (sorry, no screenshot), with an out of memory error. However, I'm fairly certain my system never passed 5GB of 16GB of RAM.

Any thoughts? I'm trying to reproduce the error without success.
Grondoval

RE: Out of Memory?

Post by Grondoval »

Hey Ocel0t,

Did it look like on the screenshot? Ive got OOM-issues too.

Attachments
OOM.jpg
OOM.jpg (532.27 KiB) Viewed 139 times
Ocel0t

Post by Ocel0t »

Yes actually. And I take it have plenty of RAM too? I see you're also on Windows 10.. I wonder if that's a factor?
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Command does not use more than 2GB of RAM (1.2GB practically) as it is currently a pure 32-bit process.

We are aware of this issue, from other past reports, and are investigating it.

Any chance you have something else running that thrashes the memory? Command is not happy if it cannot find sufficient chunks of contiguous memory to use.

Thanks.
Grondoval

Post by Grondoval »

Hi,

this thread was posted by someone else but because we have the same problem I hope that you dont mind that I post my observations regarding this issue [:)]

I killed pretty much every application which uses much RAM. I provided a screenshot out of my performance-Manager.

Maybe its helpful that I know how to replicate the "OOM-Red-Cross-Issue" 100% of the time. The things I do to produce this error are the following:

1. Launch a large Scenario (like "Saudi Arabia Crisis" out of the new Mission pack - the issue is present in smaller ones but that takes longer)
2. Just faff around on the map, scroll, open up menus and close them, activate time compression etc.
3. There is a moment when the game suddenly (from one second to the other) becomes sluggish. Interface movement and interaction is very delayed.
4. Now to produce the OOM-Error I zoom in on the map while the game is sluggish. When I get near the minimal camera altitude it usually crashes with the red-cross-error.

The sluggishness of the UI is completely unrelated to the pulse-time. It is present even when you pause the game to halt all calculations.

Thank you for your investigations. I hope I could give some insight.

Attachments
CMANO_Ram_Usage.jpg
CMANO_Ram_Usage.jpg (411.9 KiB) Viewed 139 times
Ocel0t

Post by Ocel0t »

hmm, that's interesting. I can't say I've noticed any sluggishness. It really seems to come out nowhere... The last occasion I ran into I was actually just sitting as I watched my fleet unleash hordes of antiship missiles. Interestingly the game continued on just fine, and the auto-save was after the bug occured and the game continued just fine.

As far as my system goes, there had to be at least 10-11GB available plus pagefile. Last I checked, with command running and a few other background applications, plus windows, I was sitting on 5GB/16GB even.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Grondoval <-- Thanks for the detailed walkthrough on reproduction! Please check your e-mail.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks to Grondoval's significant help, I'm pleased to say we _probably_ nailed this one. Marked as fixed for Build 737.... and we'll see [:)]
Tomcat84

Post by Tomcat84 »

Nice! Good work grondoval!
My Scenarios and Tutorials for Command

(Scenarios focus on air-warfare :) )

Return to “Tech Support”