Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Distant worlds wont load.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Distant worlds wont load. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Distant worlds wont load. - 8/30/2015 7:52:00 PM   
randommonicle

Hello all,

Not long re-installed distant worlds since the win 10 update, and now for some reason i dont seem to be able to get it to work. Tried running both from steam and the exe, the splash screen starts, and then it just crashes.

Here are my logs:
00:28:40 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:32:19 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:35:39 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:40:35 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:41:59 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:43:53 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:46:11 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)00:54:28 Initialize: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DWSteamAPI.GetAppID()
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Initialize(String crashLogPath)

Other Log:
00:14:32 Finalizer: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DistantWorlds.Types.SteamAPI.Shutdown()

Does this mean anything to anyone?

i have so far tried to do a clean re-install, install all the files that came with it (direct x etc) as well as disabling movies and running it in windowed mode. All to no avail :(
Post #: 1
RE: Distant worlds wont load. - 8/30/2015 7:57:39 PM   
randommonicle

Ignore this, was a double post. Post above still applies.

< Message edited by randommonicle -- 8/30/2015 10:35:20 PM >

(in reply to randommonicle)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Distant worlds wont load. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI