Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DBB-B 18th SP Field Artillery Reg.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DBB-B 18th SP Field Artillery Reg. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DBB-B 18th SP Field Artillery Reg. - 8/29/2015 12:30:34 AM   
pnzrgnral

Got a question here and my last remaining brain cell (doing the work that millions used to do) is perplexed, so here goes: It's July '44 and lo and behold, the 18th SP Field Artillery Regiment arrives at Madras. I check to see who it belongs to (Brit IV Corps, I think), and transport it to Java for combat operations. Once it disembarks at Batavia, I actually look at the unit. It's neither British nor artillery, although it's named both and the icon is arty. By TOE, it's a NZ infantry battalion with NZ infantry squads! (Nothing wrong with the "size" of the unit, regiment vs battalion). So I'm asking the Brit & Kiwi LCU OOB subject matter experts here: which is it - Brit or Kiwi, infantry or artillery? This unit occupies slot 6541 in DBB-B. Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Praise be to the Babes team for all their good work in making a great game even better.

Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte
Post #: 1
RE: DBB-B 18th SP Field Artillery Reg. - 1/9/2016 11:10:09 PM   
Arnhem

The 18th Field Regiment was a regular unit (as opposed to TA) that served throughout the war. Sometime in 1944 it converted to M7 Priests from presumably 25 pounders giving it the distinction of the only SP artillery unit in the whole of the 14th Army. So in answer to your question it's a British field artillery regiment. I opened up my game and the unit is there and listed correctly (as in it's British and has 24 Priests in the TOE. Could there by some sort of data corruption in your game?

Deployment
Deepcut 1938 - 2 Div
France 1939-40 - 2 & 48 (S Midland) Inf Divs
UK 1940-2 - 48 Inf Div & 24 Gds Inf Bde Gp
India 1942-4 - 43 Indian Armd Div
Burma 1944-5 - 14 Army Troops (SP Regt)
Central Burma 3/45 - Meiktila
ALFSEA 1945 - 34 Corps Troops

Sources
http://nigelef.tripod.com/regtsumm.htm (the website itself looks like a great resource page for British and Commonwealth artillery in WWII)
https://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/4-1235.aspx
https://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/4-4.aspx
http://www.cgsc.edu/CARL/nafziger/944PIAC.pdf (OOB of SEAC in the closing stages of the war, 18th FA Reg is listed under Army troops, 1st page)

(in reply to pnzrgnral)
Post #: 2
RE: DBB-B 18th SP Field Artillery Reg. - 1/11/2016 7:30:13 PM   
General Patton

From what I saw in the editor the unit arrives 6/18/44 in Aden. And Arnhem is correct about the type and composition. The ID number you have did lead to this unit. Being of Tired mind and all, is it possible that you reversed a number? Otherwisw post a screen shot of the unit in question....GP

AMD A8-352M APU,RADEON HD GRAPHICS,1600Mhz 4 CORES,16 GB RAM,1366x768

WPO, WITP, WITPAE-Mod Tester/Designer
DW Series-Beta Tester
TOTS-Alpha Tester

"I don't like paying for the same real estate twice" General George Smith Patton

(in reply to Arnhem)
Post #: 3
RE: DBB-B 18th SP Field Artillery Reg. - 1/11/2016 10:18:35 PM   
pnzrgnral

Arnhem, General Patton: Thanks for the responses. For several days after I posted this, there were no responses, so I did a web search and found one reference to this unit: just what Arnhem said, a Brit SP arty unit. For further clarification, the game TOE is that from scenario 28, Babes B. The unit ID is correct. I was just curious as to what this unit really was, especially since it's a small one. I hadn't noticed this unit before, since I'd never gotten this far in a GC!

Rangers Lead The Way!
Sua Sponte

(in reply to General Patton)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DBB-B 18th SP Field Artillery Reg. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI