New Public Beta v2.0.1.0

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Andrew Loveridge

New Public Beta v2.0.1.0

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi Everyone,

The next public beta for World in Flames (v2.0.1.0) is now available in the Members Club

Please check it out and note any new issues with the listed changes.

Change History:
Version 2.0.1.0 – August 18, 2015
    Delphi XE8[/b] [ul]
  • Recompiled all of the library and source code for MWIF using Delphi XE8. #
  • Embedded all the Bpl’s into the MWIF.exe. This made the exe much larger, but did away with the need for all of the separate Bpl files (e.g., te_d2010.bpl, Jv...140.bpl).
Map Data
  • Fixed the map data for the connection between Rangoon and the hex immediately east of Rangoon. The visual depiction of these two land hexes being connected is now implemented in the game data. For example, an attack can be made on Rangoon from the hex immediately east of Rangoon.
Supply
  • Added a check to avoid a fatal error when calculating supply for a stack of units during naval combat.
  • Added a check to avoid a fatal error when calculating supply for units advancing after combat.
Land Operations
  • Fixed a problem with invasions where if the Notional unit was not included in the defense and there were no other land units in the hex, the invasion would succeed, but control of the hex would not change. Now it changes whenever an invading unit survives in, or another attacking unit advances into, the hex.
  • Added a check to avoid a fatal error when determining adjacent hexes during land movement.

Peace
  • Added a check for the relocate units digression to make sure the units to be relocated are still on the map. In some Conquest and Surrender cases, the units are moved into the Conquered Pool after being placed into the Relocate Stack. This check makes sure they are later deleted from the Relocate Stack.
  • Added a check for conquering China so the Communist Chinese units still on the map do not influence which major power controls hexes in China. Previously, the USSR was gaining control of hexes occupied by Communist Chinese units, even though those units were removed from the map and placed in the Conquered Pool later in the Conquest processing sequence.
Screen Layout
  • Fixed a problem with using screen layouts for 3 monitors that was causing a fatal error.

NetPlay
  • Changed the processing sequence for the Production phase. Previously, newly saved oil and build points were placed on the map for each major power after a major power completed its builds. Because those saved points often required the creation of new units, the numbering of the units could get confused when multiple players were finishing their production simultaneously. Basically, two or more units could be assigned the same ID number, which messed up a whole lot of stuff. The new sequence is for the major powers to still perform production simultaneously, but rather than place the saved points on the map immediately, the game simply records how many points are to be placed on the map. Once all the major powers have completed production, then each major power, in turn, which has build points to place on the map, does so. Once all the build points are placed, MasterMWIF (the team leader for the Allied side) executes the routine to place the newly saved oil points on the map. It does that using the information from the Final Production Planning phase for each major power. All the players’ computers are updated as the saved oil points are created and put on the map. Because of these changes, modifications to the saved game format for the GAM files needed to be changed as well. Now those files record the number of saved build points for each major power during the Production phase. These changes will affect older saved games which were made during the Production phase - since the older games will not have the necessary information about saved build points yet to be placed on the map. Even worse, the older games may have placed newly saved oil points on the map already and then have duplicate saved oil points placed at the end of the Production phase by MasterMWIF. Therefore, there is a warning message if a player restores an older saved game made during the production phase.
  • Disabled saving NetPlay games while the Spend Surprise Points form is visible. If a NetPlay game were restored while that form is showing, the program would not know which of several places in the sequence of play called for the form to be displayed.
  • Removed a redundant second call for die rolls for AA Fire during the Ground Support phase.
[/ul]
juntoalmar

RE: New Public Beta v2.0.1.0

Post by juntoalmar »

Hi,

I have been trying to download the latest public beta for the last two days unsuccessfully (download is stopped after a while, or finishes immediately with a 0Kb file). Anybody having the same trouble?

Thanks in advance!

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

The download is working fine for us here - has anyone else had any problems? Could you try again?

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Any updates on when the oil bug is going to be fixed? This week hopefully?
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

I need more specifics on the bug. Could you point me to a post elsewhere?
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

juntoalmar

Post by juntoalmar »

Hi Erik,

Already downloaded. Thanks
(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
lomyrin

Post by lomyrin »

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I need more specifics on the bug. Could you point me to a post elsewhere?

Look at post # 3 in the beta 2.0.1.1 reports.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Any chance for a patch before the US 3 day weekend?

[:)]
palne

Post by palne »

What are the instructions for unzipping 2.0.1.0?

Just unzip to the main Matrix Games folder?
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

I usually unzip patches in a new folder and than copy those files into the Matrix games folder.
Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I usually rename the old MWiF.exe first to preserve a back-out version then unzip to the World In Flames folder.
Paul
Shannon V. OKeets

Any chance for a patch before the US 3 day weekend?

[:)]
I've made quite a few changes for NetPlay in version 2.0.1.2 that have gone through one pass by the beta testers. I want to clean up the odds and ends mistakes they found with NetPlay.

More serious are the Oil bugs introduced in version 2.0.1.0. I've fixed one of the really bad ones and I'm working on a couple of other "new with 2.0.1.0" bugs. But then that version needs to go through beta testing (for about a week) before I will be comfortable making it a new public beta.

Sorry about all this - the role of the public beta is to discover these things. Instant patches are really only feasible when there is just one thing to fix and the fix is obvious.

In this case some of the problems are because the new compiler (Delphi XE8) creates executables that are slightly different from the old compiler. That one bug I fixed was very difficult to figure out because code that worked for years now no longer did.
Steve

CanInf

Post by CanInf »

I should try team viewer, but it's Netplay that has me waiting with bated breath!
Zorachus99

Post by Zorachus99 »

This version hasn't had much testing, due to the oil bug AFAIK.
Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln
Shannon V. OKeets

ORIGINAL: Zorachus99

This version hasn't had much testing, due to the oil bug AFAIK.
Yes. There were a couple of other rather nasty bugs related to the code changes for NetPlay.[:(] I have them sorted out now, but (as always[8|]) there are a couple more things I want to fix before releasing a new Public Beta.
Steve

Return to “World in Flames”