Pole and German claim to have found missing Nazi loot train

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zorch

Pole and German claim to have found missing Nazi loot train

Post by Zorch »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/a ... loot-train

"Mystery train allegedly went missing in 1945, carrying weapons, gems and valuables from then German city of Breslau (now Wrocław in Poland)"

"Two people in Poland say they have found a Nazi German train cloaked in mystery since it was rumoured to have gone missing near the end of the second world war while carrying away gems and guns ahead of advancing Soviet Red Army forces. Local authorities in Poland’s south-western district of Wałbrzych said they had been contacted by a law firm representing a Pole and a German who claimed to have located the train and were seeking 10% of the value of the findings."
warspite1

RE: Pole and German claim to have found missing Nazi loot train

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

"Mystery train allegedly went missing in 1945, carrying weapons, gems and valuables from then German city of Breslau (now Wrocław in Poland)"

"Two people in Poland say they have found a Nazi German train cloaked in mystery since it was rumoured to have gone missing near the end of the second world war while carrying away gems and guns ahead of advancing Soviet Red Army forces. Local authorities in Poland’s south-western district of Wałbrzych said they had been contacted by a law firm representing a Pole and a German who claimed to have located the train and were seeking 10% of the value of the findings."
warspite1

Interesting to see how that plays out. So if the authorities refuse them their 10% do they simply refuse to divulge where the train is???
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
koniu

Post by koniu »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

warspite1

Interesting to see how that plays out. So if the authorities refuse them their 10% do they simply refuse to divulge where the train is???
They cant refuse. There is law that You can have 10% Finder's fee. But You must officially claim for it. And they legally do that.
"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: koniu

warspite1

They cant refuse. There is law that You can have 10% Finder's fee. But You must officially claim for it. And they legally do that.
warspite1

Okay thanks [:)]. If this is all true then they are potentially going to be very rich men.....

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: koniu

warspite1

warspite1

Okay thanks [:)]. If this is all true then they are potentially going to be very rich men.....
Big If there.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Yes, when I read the article I was skeptical. A whole train? It may be as elusive as finding the Sasquatch
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

When I read this article yesterday it got me to thinking. This "10% finders fee" that people are supposedly entitled to. Is this a standard across the world or specific countries?

Also the big question that came to mind before the previous one was, Why do they feel they should get 10% of essentially stolen property that they have no right of ownership to in any shape or form?

If it is 10% of the overall value paid out in legitimate money by a government then I see no problem. I just hope these guys don't expect to be able to pick through the trove (if it exists) and take whatever fancies them as a "finders fee".
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Zap

Yes, when I read the article I was skeptical. A whole train? It may be as elusive as finding the Sasquatch

Well, skepticism aside it appears they have found the train. But, caution in going in to look, they say. possible booby traps, gas in the tunnels. It will be interesting to see what is really inside!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Thanks Zorch. I really hope there is a "story" at the end of all this. Looks promising - although the idea that large amounts of gold are hidden after all this time is perhaps difficult to imagine. We'll see......

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

There's more:

"Evidence supports claim of Nazi 'gold train' discovery in Poland, officials say"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/27/europe/po ... index.html

I'm beginning to think this is real...

Attachments
train.jpg
train.jpg (58.97 KiB) Viewed 185 times
KISSMEUFOOL!

Post by KISSMEUFOOL! »

Local authorities in Poland’s south-western district of Wałbrzych said they had been contacted by a law firm representing a Pole and a German who claimed to have located the train and were seeking 10% of the value of the findings."

This must be some silly publicity stunt. If I found a hidden treasure somewhere, I'd make sure it remained hidden and wouldnt reveal it to anyone. Do you openly broadcast the content of your bank account to the worlds thieves & scallywags??! [8|]
Zap

Post by Zap »

Well, the two who claim to have found it. There would be great temptation to keep things quite until they emptied the train. But the story says its a sealed tunnel probably too difficult for them to get to without some big equipment. Anyhow, the government is now going to investigate. And once they confirm the existence of the train we will finally know. But the way the story heading have been written it makes you think the existence of the train has already been confirmed. But when you get into the story you find out that, as of yet, it is not confirmed. But if it were to be true, what a tremendous discovery!
Zap

Post by Zap »

I just read a story that an official used (terrain radar penetrating equipment) that has found a large object in the ground. Which would suggest the train? This story is just beginning!
Orm

Post by Orm »

Intriguing.

Thank you, Zorch, for sharing. [:)]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
operating

Post by operating »

Here's another news story just released about the armored train: http://news.yahoo.com/radar-detects-obj ... 44439.html What a "find the train will be", never mind anything else of value.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

The story continues:

'Nazi gold train': deathbed confession may have revealed location

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/a ... d-location
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

And yet more!

Nazi 'gold train' could be booby-trapped, Polish officials warn treasure hunters

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 76490.html

I'll be really disappointed if this doesn't pan out. [;)]
operating

Post by operating »

I have to wonder what this 70 plus year old armored train must look like?:

Attachments
weapon_flak38_32.jpg
weapon_flak38_32.jpg (41.86 KiB) Viewed 184 times
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
E

Post by E »

There are far too many Geraldo jokes being set up here, to decide!
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

Return to “General Discussion”