Organzing Gran't Army in Shilow Scenario

Civil War 2 is the definitive grand strategy game of the period. It is a turn based regional game with an emphasis on playability and historical accuracy. It is built on the renowned AGE game engine, with a modern and intuitive interface that makes it easy to learn yet hard to master.
This historical operational strategy game with a simultaneous turn-based engine (WEGO system) that places players at the head of the USA or CSA during the American Civil War (1861-1865).

Moderator: Pocus

jrwolfe

Organzing Gran't Army in Shilow Scenario

Post by jrwolfe »

At the beginning of the Shiloh scenario, Grant is an Army commander, but no one in his region is in his Army. How do I attach those units to Grant's Army? How can I create Corps and make them part of Grant's Army. (It seems like this should be easier, but I'm having no luck accomplishing this based on the tutorials.)
Pocus

RE: Organzing Gran't Army in Shilow Scenario

Post by Pocus »

But where you able doing so in the tutorial, because last time I checked, it was explaining how to do that.
AGEOD Team
jrwolfe

RE: Organzing Gran't Army in Shiloh Scenario

Post by jrwolfe »

Yes, I've done the tutorials, thanks. I don't understand why the divisions with Grant at the beginning of the scenario aren't already part of his Army, and have tried these things:
- cancelling Grant's Army appointment and making him army commander again, while stacked with the divisions
- appointing corps commanders (e.g. Sherman) so that links from army to corps to division would be complete, but the option to appoint Sherman as a corps commander isn't active
Floyd

RE: Organzing Gran't Army in Shiloh Scenario

Post by Floyd »

Sherman is a 1-star and can't form a corps.
Take McClernand or Wallace, split their divisions to single out the general
(not member of a division) and the button to form a corps is activated.
jrwolfe

RE: Organzing Grant's Army in Shiloh Scenario

Post by jrwolfe »

Thanks!

Related question:
Sometimes the army organization that the scenario starts with is undone during the game. For example, I'm the Union in the 1964 Atlanta scenario. I advance toward Atlanta, but I'm routed by the Confederates, and starting the next turn my troops are all back in Chattanooga and my corps organization is gone: all units are now stacked as part of Sherman's Army tab, and the Army symbol at the left of the map doesn't indicate that there are any corps. Do I need to construct a new corps and division structure at this point, or will the game put it back as the army recovers?
Symple

RE: Organzing Grant's Army in Shiloh Scenario

Post by Symple »

One thing which happens when you lose a battle and retreat is your army takes on a green offensive/defensive posture. When you go to green you lose army or corps organization. All you need to do when you begin your turn is change the combat stance to blue/orange and then you can make Sherman the army commander again and attach his corps to him.
So the game will not put them back, you do.

Return to “Civil War II”