Aarrgh! Win 7-64 trouble

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
jellyrgr

Aarrgh! Win 7-64 trouble

Post by jellyrgr »

Hi there mates,

Yesterday I just took the dust off my good ol´ War Plan Orange.... installed it in my Win 7 - 64 laptop... everything "seemed" OK until I got the "pitch black screen" after the nice loading bar screen...

... Tried all "compatibility" installation permutations but nothing has worked...

I have a Direct X 11...

Any idea how to bypass this trouble? Its a pity... this game was / is? so fine to me... the secondary trouble is that this "malfunction" is keeping me out of thinking in getting the War in The Pacific (a game that I knew looong time ago in the past in the tabletop-grognard Victory Games "Pacific War" a life ago...)

Thanks in advance,
RG "Jelly"
zakblood

RE: Aarrgh! Win 7-64 trouble

Post by zakblood »

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure to check the logs of these to see if it was one of them which was to blame.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

here's mine as a example, i have many loaded as each game needs or uses a different one, same as direct X 8.1/9/10/11 and now 12 installed on my pc...

next as you see if a game runs in 32bit, but you use a 64bit O/S like me, you still need to load both the 32/64 bit version as one file doesn't do both, same as the latest version of anything doesn't include the older versions either.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (178.94 KiB) Viewed 574 times
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”