OT Matrix Premier League

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

warspite1

OT Matrix Premier League

Post by warspite1 »

Gents I know some of you have taken part in the fantasy football competition over the last two years. Please see the link below if you would like to take part this year.

Any questions please ask.

tm.asp?m=3378736&mpage=20&key=&#3904806
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wdolson

RE: OT Matrix Premier League

Post by wdolson »

I assume you are talking about the football played with the round ball as opposed to the rugby-like ball. Just clarifying because some Americans might be confused. I understand British English, but not all Americans do.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

I assume you are talking about the football played with the round ball as opposed to the rugby-like ball. Just clarifying because some Americans might be confused. I understand British English, but not all Americans do.

Bill
warspite1

Indeed. Football - or soccer if you prefer [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

In our probability, our friends across the pond will win the World Cup before we do again.

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

It will be 50 years next year. It must be the American Super Bowl which started the January after England won their last World Cup. Get the NFL to stop the Super Bowl and maybe you'll have a chance. [:D][:D]

Bill
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

We've no chance I'm afraid.

The success of the premier league has killed any chance of us developing world class young players, so we are totally reliant on Rooney, and he's only just world class

But to be fair, most people in England would rather their club did well, rather than the country (I'm one of them!)
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

It is sort of surprising that US women's soccer is so strong on the international stage when professional soccer/international football is so weak here. Portland is a weird town that loves its men's soccer team, but that's pretty rare in the US. Soccer is less popular than hockey overall in the US.

Bill
wegman58

Post by wegman58 »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

It is sort of surprising that US women's soccer is so strong on the international stage when professional soccer/international football is so weak here. Portland is a weird town that loves its men's soccer team, but that's pretty rare in the US. Soccer is less popular than hockey overall in the US.

Bill

An athletic American male who is good enough for pro sports has baseball, hockey, football and basketball to choose from - at the pinnacle you can make a lot more money in any of the above than soccer (in the United States).

American women have fewer opportunities to make money has an athlete - less competition for soccer. Although it is women's college soccer that moved soccer from 'more boring than watching paint dry' to the loathing I have for the sport. Best defender on the women's basketball team broke her ankle playing soccer - basketball team did MUCH worse than it should have.
Bill Goin
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

In many fütbol cultures women are treated generally a lot worse than here (the US). I don't think they give a flip about their women's teams.

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I've heard about the unequal treatment the women get from FIFA in the World Cup. Women's sports in general don't get much attention except at the international level like the World Cup or the Olympics. The Portland women's soccer team had the second best turnout for a women's soccer game in US history last week. I heard a story about it on the radio, before that day I didn't know Portland had a women's pro soccer team.

But then I am probably one of the least sports oriented guys in the world.

Bill

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”