Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to use the Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> How to use the Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to use the Editor - 7/13/2015 8:49:51 PM   

Hi, Could anyone please help me with using the Editor-explaining step by step . I can change the Activate Soviet to Yes. I would like to change the Allied Politics to at least 100 points. My problem is saving the scenario to a slot greator than 25. The computer would not savemy changes when I try to load a save game. I read about cut & paste and I don't know what I'm doing wrong-Thank You.
Post #: 1
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/14/2015 9:51:38 AM   
Terminus

Open up the scenario you wish to modify, do what you need to do, then select "Save Scenario As" from the "File" menu. Select a slot above 25, and remember to put in a name for it.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to 2222)
Post #: 2
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/14/2015 10:23:16 AM   

Hi Terminus for your input, but I'm really lost at sea using the Editor. Could anyone please show a step by step process. I don't know if you need to play 1 turn on a scenario before changing it in the editor. I read in a forum that you can't change a historical game. I can open the editor and make changes. I name the scenario-for ex scenario#1 and save it in slot 40. The computer asks me if I want the changes saved- I answer Yes, and then when I try to load the saved game it will not appear. I know if I got it working right I can have as much fun with the editor as the rest of you people I read about in the forum-it would be cool to get the editor to work right! Thanks for any advice-Mike.

(in reply to 2222)
Post #: 3
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/14/2015 11:35:53 AM   
Terminus

You have to take the scenario you make in the editor and start it from Turn 1 in the game. You can't edit a savegame.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to 2222)
Post #: 4
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/14/2015 1:15:04 PM   
m10bob

Use one of the original stock scenarios..Copy/paste it to a slot above slot "30"..Save it......Then, go into that new slot and open whatever tab you want to modify..For example, hit the aircraft tab..It will load just the aircraft..Then, as you scroll thru each plane, you will see each plane divided by country..Notice some blank lines? This is where you may add completely new planes..If your issue is just modifying an existing plane, do that and always remember to SAVE any changes you make..

I have never seen a primer on how to use the editor, but if you are serious, you will learn to take your time...experiment with whatever aspect of the game you wish to work on..

Good luck..

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 5
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/14/2015 3:46:56 PM   
drw61

There is a pdf manual for the editor, mine is located at C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Manuals.

to save a scenario
- Open the original scenario you want to use
- select File
- Save Scenario As
- highlight the number of the scenario you wish to save to, I used 35.
- type in a name for the scenario I used My SCEN.
- select load/save button
- you are now using and can edit scenario 35

If you are playing the AI you will also need to copy and rename the AI files. So in the example above you would copy and then rename aei001-01.dat to aei035-01.dat
I believe that there are 20 separate variations of the AI files and one is picked at the start of the game.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by drw61 -- 7/14/2015 4:47:11 PM >

(in reply to 2222)
Post #: 6
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/14/2015 8:14:27 PM   

Thanks for the info-DRW61, but I'm still having trouble. I read about using the editor in the CD-ROM and I clicked on the re-spawn box then I clicked on Save Scenario as. But when I get into the game play at the part when I have to load a saved game the game in slot 35 for example is not there-Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!I'm sinking and the Japs are everywhere!!! What do I do?

(in reply to 2222)
Post #: 7
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/14/2015 9:30:49 PM   
drw61

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2222

Thanks for the info-DRW61, but I'm still having trouble. I read about using the editor in the CD-ROM and I clicked on the re-spawn box then I clicked on Save Scenario as. But when I get into the game play at the part when I have to load a saved game the game in slot 35 for example is not there-Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!I'm sinking and the Japs are everywhere!!! What do I do?

It won't make changes to the original scenarios or their saves. You have to start a new game with the scenario you just have made, as our example 35.
Daryl

(in reply to 2222)
Post #: 8
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/14/2015 9:43:22 PM   
wdolson

If you saved your changes to scenario slot 40, you need to start a new game using the scenario in slot 40. If you continue a game you started before you edited, the game is the pre-edited game and won't change. You can't edit a game in progress, this is to prevent cheating in PBEM games and it applies to games against the AI too.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 9
RE: How to use the Editor - 7/15/2015 11:12:08 AM   

I got it now-What I was not doing was looking for my scenario slot that I saved in the editor. When I went to load games I never looked to see the right slot saved. It sounds a bit odd-but I wany to thank all the people that helped me! Now I'll be busy till Christmas playing WITP and drinking coffee.

(in reply to 2222)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> How to use the Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI