Newb question(s)

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Higgins001

Newb question(s)

Post by Higgins001 »

What does No 1:1 = 2:1 mean?
The CR has lots of useful info, but how do you, say, delimit by morale and then select only those units in a given range for action?
Bob12

RE: Newb question(s)

Post by Bob12 »

1:1 = 2:1 is a rule where at the end of a combat +1 is added to the soviet CV (applies for the 1st year or two from memory). This allows the soviet to win attacks if they achieve a CV of 1:1 or above (as opposed to 2:1 without the rule).

It was meant to encourage the soviets to attack, but personally (and I think this is the general consensus) it is entirely unnecessary and produces an inaccurate effect, hence the option has been added to turn it off.

As for (selecting?) units based on morale, you can set the soft factor to morale and it will show a color representation of it on each counter and you can decide which ones to move from that.
Higgins001

Post by Higgins001 »

Thanks. Although I don't see where that's an option. That's in the game manual?
I was referring to the CR screen, specifically the air group section, if you rank your air groups by morale
and then attempt to move all the units with a morale below say 50 to the national reserve from the CR screen- how do you do that?
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: Higgins001

I was referring to the CR screen, specifically the air group section, if you rank your air groups by morale
and then attempt to move all the units with a morale below say 50 to the national reserve from the CR screen- how do you do that?

you can't unfortunately, the report for WiTW has that sort of option but in WiTE its manual. You can sort by airbase/command, plane model, type (eg all level bombers) and nationality and do bulk operations on those groups of planes but not by morale (or number of operating planes etc)
Higgins001

Post by Higgins001 »

Loki, thanks. I'm a fan.
I find if you go to your dumping ground (I mean: training) air base and assign, it gives you a list of air
groups which you can pick by morale to train, so it works. Unfortunately removing them from the field to the reserve requires considerably more clicks.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”