Air and Ground unit - meaning of special symbols

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

b17fly

Air and Ground unit - meaning of special symbols

Post by b17fly »

Does anyone have an explanation list of the meaning all the *, = , +, etc.. you see in various areas.

For example:

Air group: Remove by OCT. 12, 1942*
Air group: Remove by OCT. 12, 1942*P

Unit TOE: + and = sign at end of number
geofflambert

RE: Air and Ground unit - meaning of special symbols

Post by geofflambert »

That list doesn't exist. It always depends on the specific circumstances. Your examples, the withdrawal of the unit is required. If you don't meet the requirement you will begin losing PPs, and you can't afford to do that. I'm not sure what the "P" means, someone will pipe up on that soon. On TOEs "=" usually means upgrades are scheduled. I think the "+" means the TOE has not been filled yet.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I need to correct myself. If we're talking LCU, the unit simply vaporizes, doesn't matter where it is. You can't be charged PP's because you can't stop the unit from disappearing. That is not true for ships or air squadrons. Get them to the places they can muster out or face the consequences.

Correction #2: "Remove by" only applies to ships and planes. The LCUs will simply disappear on the specified date.

Think you can write a manual for this game? Don't hire me! [:(]

sanch

Post by sanch »

For LCU's, + means additional devices are available in the pool (usually to fill out an understrength unit), and = means (I believe) upgrade devices are available in the pool. The + and = only apply to the devices that are on the same line as the symbols.
Jorge_Stanbury

Post by Jorge_Stanbury »

"P" means permanent. Once withdrawn it will not come back.
the one with asterisk but not "P" should have a return date
Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

Here are a few:

tm.asp?m=3796410

Post #2:
tm.asp?m=3574281

"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”