Please try my savegame..

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Blabsawaw22

Please try my savegame..

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Please try my savegame..

I play pirateplay and I only make money by tech trading..

I think the economy is bugged.. notice the negative loot and mining income..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0ic4q882y38w ... t.dwg?dl=0
Blabsawaw22

RE: Please try my savegame..

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

nobody wants to play my game? boo.

ha..

well I just want to know why i'm always playing wrong.. I never make any money unless I tech trade.. and I think the Economy is totally bugged out.. I see negative numbers all the time..
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Why do you not accept at least one of all the smuggling missions?
You can build one regional capital.
Your controlled colonies have a negative income because of your too many troops.
Caps:
Gas mining 40
Mining 10
You buy to many fuel.
The constructors are not automized.

In the year 2336 all is positive and the regional capital is not built. I think the mining income was negative because of the needed bought fuel.
The freighters have too many fuel storage.

Attachments
2015-06-20_132428.jpg
2015-06-20_132428.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 134 times
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Because playing pirates is boring.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Thank you Doctor. That will help.

I don't accept the smuggling missions because I dont have protection agreements with anyone and when I do accept them, my freighters fly to their deaths as they get detected smuggling!

I buy to much fuel? I can't control that.. My fleets are huge and I do have too much fuel on my ships yes, But I can't control the game when It purchases fuel.. So how would I go about stopping that?

I will change the mining and gas caps correctly.

I will build the regional capital

I don't automize the constructors cause I hated sometimes when they want to build space ports in places I dont' want my presence and I don't want them building mines 7 sectors away from my spaceport..

anyway if you could address my top two issues with smuggling and fuel with any ideas about that, that would be great..

other than that, thank you for checking my game out..

I still don't know why mine is negative and yours is positive though.. look..

I'll post a picture in a minute..

Attachments
negatvie.jpg
negatvie.jpg (138.01 KiB) Viewed 134 times
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Your empire buy fuel if it has not enough by itself. So build more relevant gas mining stations. The ships should't have so much fuel storage.
An empire that offers a smuggling mission will not attack your frighters. I think scanner jammer is important for pirates if an empire does not offer a smuggling mission.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

well..

1.I have way tooooooo much fuel... so if your logic is correct, then Pirate Play is bugged.. and this needs to go to Tech Support. (See Picture below)

2. Ok I will accept all the smuggling missions and see if my freighters don't get all blown sky high.. I've had it happen in the past but I will try it now.. I never did put scanner jammers on them.. but you don't have those in the beginning when you start the game so how would that have mattered..

anyway I will try these things and report back..

Attachments
fuuel.jpg
fuuel.jpg (110.78 KiB) Viewed 134 times
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

What I forgot myself is that the tax rate get higher if the population is happy, so build on every colony a spaceport with medical center and recreation center. Try to get as much luxery resources as you can. But it's difficult because the hugh empires to get resources. But at the moment I'm collectig collonies with troops.

I'm still playing your game it looks now like that with 84 freighters and 333 military ships:

Attachments
20150620_210132.jpg
20150620_210132.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 134 times
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Yeah you look like you are doing better..

Did you see how they buy so much fuel but I have tons of it stored? did you see my other "starbases" they are full of fuel on some of them.. and the zillion hydrogen at my home planet! so why are they buying fuel..

Thanks for playing my game! keep posting up screenshots if you figure out how to get them to stop buying fuel..

I have Deneba crystal and like millions of it.. but i'm not making money on it..
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Maybe they don't want to fly back to homeplanet.
Your "starbases" I scrapped because, I mean that only one base can mine at a resource.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Hmm.. maybe it depends where you build your freighters ?
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

One question I have for myself: What's the "Other" Expenses?

I have Cashflow and Bonus Income positiv but I loose constant money?! Is it because of I have a negative money value like credit interest?!
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

welcome to either the bug in Pirate Play or ?? yeah exactly!!
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Look.. my freighters get detected.. see this has happened with every single one flying to this colony to smuggle and now i've lost a ton of freighters

Attachments
smuggling.jpg
smuggling.jpg (21.47 KiB) Viewed 134 times
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Does this colony offer a smuggling mission?
fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

If you upload a new savegame where is just build your criminal network I will have a look at it.

I noticed that it is better to get control of a colony by troops if on this colony are the pirate buildings are build because these help against corruption.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

I'm pretty sure my freighters are going to perform smuggling missions and then they get detected because I dont' have protection agreements.. that is what has happened in the past to me..

but I will double check and try again the smuggling mission and follow the freighters to see if they fly to their deaths after "accepting" smuggling missions..

If you upload a new savegame where is just build your criminal network I will have a look at it.

You mean you want me to upload an early save game?

fruitgnome

Post by fruitgnome »

Yes or a new one but pls with criminal network built.
I think the other expenses are facility maintenance costs and other things.
HerpInYourDerp

Post by HerpInYourDerp »

Corruption has additional effects for pirates because their economy works differently, but the way it's calculated for the income deduction doesn't take into account the fact that the pirate's 'version' is effectively different to a standard empire's. Control/influence also directly affects the corruption value; go into the editor and change the influence control of your colonies down to ~1-10% and you'll see you'll rarely ever go into negative income.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

Well I'm going to start a new game and then I'll upload that once I get settled for you Fruitgnome..

Herp, Does that also apply for why I'm getting negative Loot destroy ship and negative mining income?

as well as an absorbent amount of high Fuel costs when I have gazillions of fuel for my ships..?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”