Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

the Campaign sandbox

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> the Campaign sandbox Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
the Campaign sandbox - 6/14/2015 11:54:14 PM   
goodwoodrw

I have been playing this method recently,a point on ownership. Playing the control the majority of town mode. A question, do you have to garrison each town you pass through to maintain ownership? It appears the town only show ownership when you have troops there!

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/15/2015 1:00:50 AM   
hjc

It seems that way to me too. Which means if one owns enough locations you're open to being defeated in detail.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 2
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/15/2015 1:10:02 AM   
jomni

Wouldn't you just want to organize a grand army and wipe out the enemy in one big battle? I have yet to start my campaign.

(in reply to hjc)
Post #: 3
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/15/2015 2:14:09 AM   
hjc

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni
Wouldn't you just want to organize a grand army and wipe out the enemy in one big battle?

There is a specific "crush the enemy" kind of campaign that can be chosen if you want to do that.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 4
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/15/2015 2:28:29 AM   
goodwoodrw

It appears would need to fragment your army to hold all the locations giving the enemy a path to systematically destroy your army bit by bit.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to hjc)
Post #: 5
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/15/2015 3:05:58 AM   
goodwoodrw

Fighting sandbox campaigns the engagements I'm seemed to get is enemy Artillery and Calvary. 95% of all campaign battle are against this type of force. very boring

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 6
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/15/2015 4:30:39 AM   
e_barkmann

I think this issue is being addressed

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 7
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/27/2015 8:57:41 PM   
Maulet

hello, i have been playing campaing for 5 hours and I have doubts/questions:

1-why if I select french army always I have less troops than allies? I select all OOB (napoleon) and I have 10k or 20k less troops than wellington.
2-all the battles in the campaign mode have an objective to conquer? I mean the battle is not about routing all the enemy troops but is only conquering the objective?
3-will be there reinforcements? supply? etc? it seems incomplete but very fun.

thanks!

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 8
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/27/2015 9:16:26 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

Wouldn't you just want to organize a grand army and wipe out the enemy in one big battle? I have yet to start my campaign.

That's what the ZULU tried to do to the British as Isandlawana and the British basically did at the Kings corral fight. Forming some kind of huge square I think with a number of cannons inside this time. Blew the crap out of Chetswayo's Impies.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 9
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 7:23:28 AM   
mitra76

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

I have been playing this method recently,a point on ownership. Playing the control the majority of town mode. A question, do you have to garrison each town you pass through to maintain ownership? It appears the town only show ownership when you have troops there!

Yes, you have to hold the town with a garrison

Visit my wargame blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 10
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 7:38:58 AM   
mitra76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maulet

1-why if I select french army always I have less troops than allies? I select all OOB (napoleon) and I have 10k or 20k less troops than wellington.
2-all the battles in the campaign mode have an objective to conquer? I mean the battle is not about routing all the enemy troops but is only conquering the objective?

thanks!

- If you play with the french, you can use the mod "full_french_campaign" and the oob proposed from this; because of asymmetry of structures between the french and allied forces (the allied structure has 2 armies inside) the force generation routine doesn't create a balanced structure.

- It depends from the type of battle generated, in some in some the objective is the victory factor in other is only secondary as a point generated and force the enemy to give up is prioritary.

- Currently not, but we foreseen the increase gradually the complexity campaign system.

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 11
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 8:33:29 AM   
Maulet

quote:

ORIGINAL: mitra76

quote:

the problem of this method is you have every hour less and less troops if you don't have reinforcements.

(in reply to mitra76)
Post #: 12
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 8:33:58 AM   
Maulet

quote:

quote:

thanks!

- If you play with the french, you can use the mod "full_french_campaign" and the oob proposed from this; because of asymmetry of structures between the french and allied forces (the allied structure has 2 armies inside) the force generation routine doesn't create a balanced structure.

- It depends from the type of battle generated, in some in some the objective is the victory factor in other is only secondary as a point generated and force the enemy to give up is prioritary.

- Currently not, but we foreseen the increase gradually the complexity campaign system.

thanks! I hope to see this complexity very soon

(in reply to mitra76)
Post #: 13
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 8:47:45 AM   
Maulet

the last one: where could I look for this mod "french full campaign"? I am looking for it but I haven't found anything.

edit: ok ok it's inside the game! i was looking for it in the forums LOL

< Message edited by Maulet -- 6/28/2015 9:53:14 AM >

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 14
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 8:52:50 AM   
mitra76

quote:

quote:

quote:

the problem of this method is you have every hour less and less troops if you don't have reinforcements.

The complexity lay in this; you have to decide to what give priority: reduce the enemy danger and deploy later in the towns, create a screen force to protect the garrisons or accept the risks of being attacked in numerical inferiority.

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 15
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 8:53:38 AM   
mitra76

quote:

the last one: where could I look for this mod "french full campaign"? I am looking for it but I haven't found anything.

Is already installed with the game, you have to go in the modification to activate it.

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 16
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 8:58:22 AM   
Maulet

thanks mitra!

(in reply to mitra76)
Post #: 17
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/28/2015 10:56:37 AM   
ulsterandy

On the campaign if I have 2 units going towards the same town, the 1st gets into action can or will the 2nd feed in a reserves? or is it 1 unit 1 battle at a time? it would be nice to be able to pin a force down so as a bigger forces can hit hit. As I can, say send Kemp't Inf div out on its own it has Arty but no cav as yet I can not find away to attach cav to him. I can not mix and match Divs and Brigs etc.

(in reply to Maulet)
Post #: 18
RE: the Campaign sandbox - 6/29/2015 10:24:01 PM   
Jim_NSD

At this time you do not get in battle reinforcements. That is on our list of future improvements.

-Jim

Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863

(in reply to ulsterandy)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> the Campaign sandbox Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI