Rule Var Question Placement of Locations

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

E6Jarhead

Rule Var Question Placement of Locations

Post by E6Jarhead »

Can any one tell me what percentage of locations the following rules place on the map?

Rule,LocTypeInput,Rule Note

413 , 0,Town1 = ?%
414 ,27,Town2 = ?%
415 ,20,Town3 = ?%
416 ,20,Town4 = ?%

Thanks!
Th only reason some people are still alive is because it is illegal to kill them!
Twotribes

RE: Rule Var Question Placement of Locations

Post by Twotribes »

As I understand it you set the size of the towns the basic game usually on uses two sizes and the percent you put for each determines how many of each type are available on the whole map.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Bombur

Post by Bombur »

I cannot locate it, the mentioned rules come with a number only. I always wanted to have 4 kinnds of cities in my mod....
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The problem with 4 is it is not even distribution It randomly places the cities and randomly assigns the Country. So you could end up with Countries with much more production then others. The only reason it works with 2 is ONLY one capitol is made and all the random cities are the same size.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
E6Jarhead

Post by E6Jarhead »

I actually use 4 sizes:

Capitol
City
Minor City
Town

Of course each one is a different size and different production amounts as different items they can produce or are restricted from producing.

(I also have several custom locations that are not placed but have to be built to produce specific items. Example; to build what I can consider Special Forces such as Paratroops, Rangers, Marines etc.. you have to build a specific SFB, (Special forces Training Base. These units can only be built (Trained) at this location (you can build more than one)))

Your right they are randomly placed, I have to figure out how to import the log files into a spreadsheet so I can determine % placed but right now I have it like this:

Towns = Most placed
Minor Cities = Less placed
Cities = Rare
Capitol = only on per

Also after all locations are placed 33% of all locations are converted to neutral.

Instead of only being able to produce PP from captured locations you can now produce items much further from your homeland. But it lets your enemy produce much closer to you homeland also (even within it) but this is only 33%.

Th only reason some people are still alive is because it is illegal to kill them!

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”