Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kuokkanen

Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition

Post by Kuokkanen »

Available here

Has anyone in here played it? I'm going through demo version and so far I like what I see. Artillery, ballistic missiles, nukes, engineer, satellites... quite few new tricks. I just might buy this next instead Civilization IV [:D]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Jeffrey H.

RE: Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Played the series since 1993 or so. I have the APP and have played it a bit.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

APP = ??? [&:]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

"There's an APP for that"...

In addition to the full game from Mok, there is an APP on the andriod market.

It's a great game, I think the best AI in this type of game I've ever played against. Lots of options and lots of fun.

Ron Swanson
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Do you mean this?
It's a great game, I think the best AI in this type of game I've ever played against. Lots of options and lots of fun.
Are you talking about Empire Deluxe Mobile Edition?

When I first got my hands on Empire Deluxe (the original for MS-DOS), I couldn't help but compare it to Civilization. Guess which one of those games felt more worthy of my time way back when? Where does newest version of Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition stand?

MekWars
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

ive got this on my ipad its fine, but the buttons are confusing

the version of Empires which is really good is Empires of Steel for the pc its quite a challenge and seems to offer alot more range of units and includes tech trees and such
ezzler

Post by ezzler »

Just bought for ipad. £2.99 - great fun.

One of the good things about this game was the easy reinforcement paths. There also used to be a way you could set recon aircraft an arc. This was great and something lacking in the civ games.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Do you mean this?

When I first got my hands on Empire Deluxe (the original for MS-DOS), I couldn't help but compare it to Civilization. Guess which one of those games felt more worthy of my time way back when? Where does newest version of Empire Deluxe Enhanced Edition stand?

I was talking out the Enhanced Edition, desktop. Best one I think.

Ron Swanson
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

Do you mean this?

I was talking out the Enhanced Edition, desktop. Best one I think.
How is newest version much different from that of the trial version? How many mods are out there? What can you tell me about those? Screenshots? I know one

MekWars
aaatoysandmore

Post by aaatoysandmore »

Matt if you like Empire you should get Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar. It's a lot of fun and they have the battle of Alesia in it which I just completed. What a battle. How Caesar ever won it is beyond me. It has more barbarians than you can shake a stick at. I killed over 85000 and they were still coming when the game ended. Plus the graphics are excellent. How I wish Kios would come back and program an empire 4x with their combat engine.

Return to “General Discussion”