1944 campaign

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

tm1

1944 campaign

Post by tm1 »

hi
A couple weeks ago I down loaded the 1.08.03 patch ( great work by the way ) as I was in the middle of playing the 1943 campaign
the change was spectacular like a new game.
Well it got me thinking once I finish instead of starting a new game from with a 1941 campaign why not try a later one
so I just wanted to ask any of the forum members if any had played the 1944 game with the new patch and is it worth a try.
I do plan to play Stalingrad to Berlin, I play as the Axis against the AI, with all the changes maybe the 1944 might be worth a go
any comments would be grateful
Regards

morvael

RE: 1944 campaign

Post by morvael »

All scenarios will get a lot of improvements in .04, especially the late war ones. You should definitely try them then, but now may be interesting too. They are a bit neglected, everyone wants to play 41 Campaign...
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

The nice thing I think about 1942/Stalingrad is first off less turns and second off most of the issues with the system arent an issue in the 1942 games. Logistics isnt really a big deal as massive overwhelming advances are unlikely and the winter issue is past with historical losses for both sides so you dont have the super elevated OOBs in 1942 esp for the Axis.

The bad thing is you are left in some situations most players wouldnt put their armies in esp in the north/center for both sides.
lowtech

Post by lowtech »

The more I play our game, chaos- the more I'm interested in playing the 1942 Scenario. I think a 1942 as the Axis, after .04 is top of my list. I'm enjoying our game but the book-keeping element of the system is grinding me down- which clearly would be a big problem in the 1942 scenario. All the support and Aircraft management is well... a good bit like work.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

its just as bad in the other starts. In 1942 start your left with a German army thats stuck in some very interesting historical positions due to Hitler no retreat order from the winter. Plus all the support and army organizations are still a mess compared to optimal...so you end up spending months fixing things either way.

Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: tm1

hi
A couple weeks ago I down loaded the 1.08.03 patch ( great work by the way ) as I was in the middle of playing the 1943 campaign
the change was spectacular like a new game.
Well it got me thinking once I finish instead of starting a new game from with a 1941 campaign why not try a later one
so I just wanted to ask any of the forum members if any had played the 1944 game with the new patch and is it worth a try.
I do plan to play Stalingrad to Berlin, I play as the Axis against the AI, with all the changes maybe the 1944 might be worth a go
any comments would be grateful
Regards

I think the reserve set-up would greatly help in the defense of Germany.

This has been posted on the forums in the past, it really delays the AI and works vs humans also as they are forced to do deliberate attacks.

I can post set-up if you cant find it
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
tm1

Post by tm1 »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

ORIGINAL: tm1

I think the reserve set-up would greatly help in the defense of Germany.

This has been posted on the forums in the past, it really delays the AI and works vs humans also as they are forced to do deliberate attacks.

I can post set-up if you cant find it

Hi Pelton

Thanks for the heads up for that campaign and also I would be very in interested in looking at that set-up if you would not mind sending the link
as it seems to take me forever to find past posts no rush when have a free moment as im still playing the 1943 game.

I don't mind doing a bit of studying and im going to need it in 1944 game even against the AI The Axis have there backs to the wall.

Cheers

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”