Giving back to the forum here for all the help yall have given me. In order to understand the game, i made my own set of condensed and updated rules (to version 1.08.03 at the moment). This will be a 'living' set of rules for me, in which i will add new updates where the updates need to go.
Note that I posted this same post on the main forum to alert the forum that these rules exist.
Some notes on these rules:
1) They are 'condensed' in that i didn't put ALL the rules in here (i.e. sections that i didn't need to re-read or that were just extra not important things that i knew i would remember are left out), but most of the main rule are here.
2) They are grouped together. For example, all the various sections regarding air rules are under the main heading 'Air Rules', but they kept their original rules section # (i.e. 5.3.8)
3) I have separated out LOTS of paragraphs that all ran together such that they are much easier on the eyes to read now. Spaces in between the break points in what is being discussed, i think that helps a lot!
4) My favorite thing, they are highlighted either in yellow (important, must read and understand), or in light blue and underlined (VERY IMPORTANT, MUST READ AND UNDERSTAND, Don't miss this one!). I think that helps to have the important things jump out at you!
5) They are updated to the latest errata, but only the errata that i thought was the most important. I didn't include every deep engine tweak of the production system, only the ones that seemed relevant that i needed to remember and be aware of.
In updating them, the new sections are added with (1.08.00) or (1.08.02) by them just as the other errata (and put where i thought they should go in the rules), AND the sections that they now invalidate in the original rules get MARKED THRU so that you know to ignore that part of the rules now.
Also, anything in a table or rule that changed a number or something like that is now CHANGED IN BOLD RED to the new updated number per the errata. Helps a lot!
6) Lastly, i add my own comments to remember that i think important with an italics 'Note that blah blah' under the appropriate rule. I plan on adding a bunch of these 'Note that...' type things as i learn the game more and more, again, this is a living set of rules that is meant to help me understand the this game the most effective way.
In summary, this is NOT official by any means, it was originally done and is kept up to help me understand the game. I will continue to update it and repost it on the forums as i do. I will update it to 1.08.04, etc also of course.
PLEASE anyone that finds anything wrong in this, especially with my marking out original rules sections and putting in BOLD RED new numbers, etc, let me know. I don't think i made any mistakes, but likely did. If anyone thinks i put some errata in the wrong place, left out something really important from the main rules, or anything similar to improve it, i am open to suggestions, with the idea not to make it perfect, but to add and improve things SO THAT IT MAKES THIS DOCUMENT HELP TO UNDERSTAND THE LATEST VERSION OF THE GAME, including the BASIC parts of the game, not just the errata for the old players.
So, enjoy if it helps you!