Number of troops not updating when reinforcements arrive

From the first clash at Manassas to the epic confrontation between Lee and Grant, the Brother Against Brother series will bring new levels of historical detail and realism to the battles of the Civil War. This regimental-level game, created by the developers of the award-winning Forge of Freedom, builds on that game’s acclaimed tactical engine, adding scrupulously researched orders of battle, high-quality map graphics, command and control rules reflecting the numerous challenges faced by army commanders, and plenty other features. Beginning with The Drawing of The Sword – which recreates the pivotal opening battles at Manassas , Wilson ’s Creek, Mill Springs and Williamsburg – Brother Against Brother lets you refight the Civil War from start to finish.

Moderators: Gil R., ericbabe

FroBodine

Number of troops not updating when reinforcements arrive

Post by FroBodine »

I noticed that when reinforcements arrive, the number of troops at the top of the screen, on the right side of the "/" mark does not change.

So, it shows for example, 6000 / 4000. This seems like a bug. Shouldn't the number on the right side also update to show how many troops you could have max at the time the reinforcements arrive?

ericbabe

RE: Number of troops not updating when reinforcements arrive

Post by ericbabe »

The number on the right is the start of the scenario number, so it seems to be working alright.
FroBodine

Post by FroBodine »

Ok. Is there another way to see how many losses you have sustained vs. total men possible, including reinforcements?

This is a quick and easy way to see how you are doing in a battle, how many men you have lost compared to how many men you could have total, and once reinforcements arrive, it is no longer of any use.
marion61

Post by marion61 »

I have to admit that this confuses me too during a scenario. I thought at first that the number on the right was the total troops for the whole scenario, not just the start. Since the number on the left clicked down as casualties occurred, this had to be the number of men left on the field. It's just confusing that the left numbers can be higher than the right one at times, and we read from left to right, so that's my excuse.[8D]

Imo the left number could represent the total troops for the scenario, while the right number represents men actual on the field, and could increase as reinforcements arrive, or decrease as casualties are taken. That's my best suggestion.

Return to “Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword”