Regarding the "First Turn Movement Bonus" option.

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Strike Eagle

Regarding the "First Turn Movement Bonus" option.

Post by Strike Eagle »

Does it only apply to the Japanese in the Grand campaign scenarios, or can it also used for the Allies in scenarios such as Guadalcanal?
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight-it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Dwight D. Eisenhower
dr.hal

RE: Regarding the "First Turn Movement Bonus" option.

Post by dr.hal »

Hi Stike Eagle, welcome to the WITPAE Forum. No, only the Japanese get this bonus and only in the various versions of the grand campaign.
Strike Eagle

Post by Strike Eagle »

Okay thanks, I've been wondering about it for awhile now, and I appreciate the welcome as well. [:)]
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight-it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Big B

Post by Big B »

I just saw this, sorry I'm late - but..
The First Turn Movement Bonus applies to BOTH sides - on the First Turn - of ANY Scenario.....

B
alimentary

Post by alimentary »

Of course, the bonus only applies to task forces marked for it in the scenario data. Of the stock scenarios, I believe that only the December 7 scenarios do so and only for a select set of starting Japanese TF's.

Big B

Post by Big B »

Yes of course...
But I read the OP question as "can it apply..." and it can apply to anyone creating or modding a scenario...

ORIGINAL: alimentary

Of course, the bonus only applies to task forces marked for it in the scenario data. Of the stock scenarios, I believe that only the December 7 scenarios do so and only for a select set of starting Japanese TF's.

Strike Eagle

Post by Strike Eagle »

I think I'll try the "First turn movement" option in the Guadalcanal scenario and see if it works, thanks for the responses everyone.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”