Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two versions of the same scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Two versions of the same scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two versions of the same scenario - 4/25/2015 2:32:04 PM   
ivanov

What is the real difference between two versions of the same scenario? For example the HM_AS Dawns First Light is supposed to be designed for human vs human games and NM_AS Dawns First Light is supposed to be played as NATO. I assumed that the human vs human version should be balanced in a way to give both sides equal chances, while "best played as NATO" against the AI should be more challenging for NATO human player. But I've checked the two versions and there is no difference in the initial force strength for NATO and WP in both scenarios.

Mickey Mouse
Post #: 1
RE: Two versions of the same scenario - 4/25/2015 2:54:53 PM   
CapnDarwin

The various scenarios versions have the opposing force units setup to play the game. In all case the user needs to redeploy his forces around the map from the defaulted loaded positions. There is no need to "balance" side to side since the game engine takes the force sizes and VPs ratios into consideration in the end game scoring.

Work on Southern Storm continues! We are a bit behind where we want to be, but hang in there.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 2
RE: Two versions of the same scenario - 4/25/2015 2:59:42 PM   
ivanov

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

The various scenarios versions have the opposing force units setup to play the game. In all case the user needs to redeploy his forces around the map from the defaulted loaded positions. There is no need to "balance" side to side since the game engine takes the force sizes and VPs ratios into consideration in the end game scoring.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. So do you mean that the victory point calculation is different in the two versions of the scenario?

Mickey Mouse

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Two versions of the same scenario - 4/25/2015 3:23:24 PM   
CapnDarwin

No. The game scores based on the ratio of forces and VPs of a scenario. The forces are the same and the VPs are the same as well. The ratios for each side are/can be different on the outcomes.

Work on Southern Storm continues! We are a bit behind where we want to be, but hang in there.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to ivanov)
Post #: 4
RE: Two versions of the same scenario - 4/25/2015 11:36:57 PM   
ivanov

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin
The forces are the same and the VPs are the same as well. The ratios for each side are/can be different on the outcomes.

Ok. I guess they have must be different since we are talking about two different versions of the same scenario. Is there a way to compare the ratios from the two different versions? Based on Dawns First Light, there is no difference in victory calculations from the staff summary report.

< Message edited by katukov -- 4/26/2015 12:39:10 AM >

Mickey Mouse

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Two versions of the same scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI